Next financial crisis 'has begun and will be worse than 2008 crash

BoE saying they still won't support after Friday pension funds need to. Lord 'its my deal, the best ever but its shit but thats not my fault' Frost blaming the bank of england (quelle surprise)'

At this point expect yer pension to be well screwed.

Last edited:
BoE saying they still won't support after Friday pension funds need to. Lord 'its my deal, the best ever but its shit but thats not my fault' Frost blaming the bank of england (quelle surprise)'

At this point expect yer pension to be well screwed.
Serious question whos pension are they reffering to on the news all day long? Whos pensions are the BOE propping up?
Cheers

Thanks for that

So really what they should be saying on the news is that if you are lucky enough to be part of a deferred benefit pension, or money purchase scheme then you pensions are being propped up by the BOE. Not telling the whole country that all pensions are affected and currently being propped up by the BOE.

If like me and I guess millions of others and your pension is predominantly deferred contribution and simply invested in the stock markets of the world then I think I am right in saying that the BOE are not doing anything to help my pension?

Thanks for that

So really what they should be saying on the news is that if you are lucky enough to be part of a deferred benefit pension, or money purchase scheme then you pensions are being propped up by the BOE. Not telling the whole country that all pensions are affected and currently being propped up by the BOE.

If like me and I guess millions of others and your pension is predominantly deferred contribution and simply invested in the stock markets of the world then I think I am right in saying that the BOE are not doing anything to help my pension?
I think stick market linked pensions are just as fecked though. Have you looked at yours recently? Mine has lost 10% of value in the last week. If I was due to retire soon I’d be shitting it.

Regardless of whether your pension is deferred contribution, if your fund can’t meet its obligations on Friday then it could go bust.

I think.

Thanks for that

It also impacts people in DC pensions who are closer to retirement age (or retired) and have larger parts of their investments in bonds (I think )

I think stick market linked pensions are just as fecked though. Have you looked at yours recently? Mine has lost 10% of value in the last week. If I was due to retire soon I’d be shitting it.

Regardless of whether your pension is deferred contribution, if your fund can’t meet its obligations on Friday then it could go bust.

I think.
Yes i agree but i dont think the BOE pumping millions into bonds and gilts is helping my pension pot (mainly equities)
It also impacts people in DC pensions who are closer to retirement age (or retired) and have larger parts of their investments in bonds (I think )
yeh i see what you mean if yor close to retirment and have moved from equities into those safe as houses bonds LOL

Back