Newcastle FC (Aug 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did seriously look at Newcastle and were impressed by the potential - geographic location, crowds over the last 25 years. financial due diligence was done, they were signed off by the premier league and had Benitez lined up for a glorious return. it was about to be completed with a ceremonial signing in the center circle at half time at the Arsenal match however on the way to the ground they heard about the “thousands” of geordies marching to protest about the clubs current owner. Knowing how much Ashley has put in in both personal time and finances only to be treated like this they decided it was a no win situation.
Luckily for us they bumped into Donald at Newcastle airport on the way home and he invited them to take a look. Thank fuck Sunderland doesn’t have its own airport.
That's a good serious point mind, I've often wondered why nobody buys them despite the constant links and have now come to the conclusion that potential investors take a look but think "nah we dont need all that OTT hysterical crap when it's not even a proper crisis half the time,imagine the stick we'll get if we fail let's just look elsewhere instead". And then you've got the Arabs who never were haha. Hopefully this new investment comes off for SAFC. Wise choice. Potentially a massive boost to SAFC, the City of Sunderland and the North East region in general.

Reactions: EMG

Nufc have just spent more on 2 new players. Its comparison is apples to oranges. WE are a successful premier league club...

Have I been in a coma for the last few years or summat?

They did seriously look at Newcastle and were impressed by the potential - geographic location, crowds over the last 25 years. financial due diligence was done, they were signed off by the premier league and had Benitez lined up for a glorious return. it was about to be completed with a ceremonial signing in the center circle at half time at the Arsenal match however on the way to the ground they heard about the “thousands” of geordies marching to protest about the clubs current owner. Knowing how much Ashley has put in in both personal time and finances only to be treated like this they decided it was a no win situation.
Luckily for us they bumped into Donald at Newcastle airport on the way home and he invited them to take a look. Thank fuck Sunderland doesn’t have its own airport.
Tinker 🤣🤣

Cheers. You should have pmd me last weekend !
Better late than never.

The fella has Putin as his 'best buddy' ...

... if loads of people search him and it comes back to me he'd not be pleased.

I'm well out of my depth with these people tbh.
We have a stadium that can easily be extended to 65,000 and if needs be the land to extend the West stand so potentially 75,000 if needs be (hopefully it wiill be needed). They are land locked in a carbuncle.

They don't even own SJP so there's no value whatsoever.

The fella has Putin as his 'best buddy' ...

... if loads of people search him and it comes back to me he'd not be pleased.

I'm well out of my depth with these people tbh.

They don't even own SJP so there's no value whatsoever.
Is Sir john Hall still charging them for using the stands they built. They hate Ashley yet Hall and Shepherd built their glory years completely on sand wth Ashley having to bail them out yet they are treated like Gods.

I just divent understand. :)

This whole saga would be laughed at if someone tried to put it in a novel.

1. Ashley sells NUFC to Mansour's brother.​
  2. Mags go ballistic and start tracking Mourinho's movements.​
  3. The Sheikh vanishes quicker than Benitez on a flight to China.​
  4. Sunderland struggle to draw against Oxford at home.​
  5. Newcastle are torn to shreds, hoyed up a'height and battered by Norwich.​
  6. Sunderland win away at Rochdale​
  7. Newcastle realise they're in massive trouble and Bruce starts firing in his excuses for the Spurs game.​
  8. Sunderland attract the interest of one of the richest men in the world.​
  9. Newcastle supporters start to wind themselves up into a bitter frenzy.​
  10. Sunderland supporters sit back laughing, getting drunk and tracking Mourinho's movements :lol:
At least post something believable marra. 😉

We have a stadium that can easily be extended to 65,000 and if needs be the land to extend the West stand so potentially 75,000 if needs be (hopefully it wiill be needed). They are land locked in a carbuncle.
I think they could still extend over the top of the station but it would cost a fortune apparently because of the foundations needed. The small side, the one that makes the whole thing look stupid, they can do nothing with because of the listed Georgian flats behind it and something to do with light. That’s what I heard anyway

Is Sir john Hall still charging them for using the stands they built. They hate Ashley yet Hall and Shepherd built their glory years completely on sand wth Ashley having to bail them out yet they are treated like Gods.

I just divent understand. :)

I'm not sure tbh.

I do know that they can never move from SJP as they'd have to pay for the demolition of the stadium and clearance of the land.

That would cost multi-millions before they even started buying the land to build a modern stadium.

Michael's story started when he founded Dell with $1000 in 1984 at the age of 19. Notably quoted as saying that "technology is about enabling human potential," Michael's vision of how technology should be designed, manufactured and sold forever changed the IT industry. In 1992, Michael became the youngest CEO ever to earn a ranking on the Fortune 500. Known and admired for his astute business vision and bold moves, Michael took Dell private in 2013, setting the stage to architect the largest technology deal in history with the combination of Dell and EMC in 2016.

In 1998, Michael formed MSD Capital, and in 1999, he and his wife established the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation to provide philanthropic support to a variety of global causes.

philanthropic = seek to promote the welfare of others, generous and benevolent

hopefully he has got deep pockets as he'll need them to sort our basket case out

Jamie Gillies
@JamieGillies16

·
5m

For all the mackems Getting excited about their New takeover, just a reminder use are playing Wimbledon On Saturday in a half empty stadium while Newcastle are away to the champions league finalists.

I bet you were bitterly disappointed when you learned yesterday that you got the lowest possible mark for a GSCE English exam.

Your punishment for that huge under achievement is you must right down a thousand times: 'My name is Jamie and I'm sorry for being a thick as mince Mag twat'.

Must be handed in to your social worker by Wednesday at the latest.

I think they could still extend over the top of the station but it would cost a fortune apparently because of the foundations needed. The small side, the one that makes the whole thing look stupid, they can do nothing with because of the listed Georgian flats behind it and something to do with light. That’s what I heard anyway
Building over the station was investigated (I have a good source on this) and it was going to cost silly money so will probably never happen (unless they got investors like Mr Dell and his business partners).

Sir John Hall calls it a carbuncle...hard to argue with his assessment.

Successful in the balance sheet league while still spending a load on players under the 'world class' one despite what they say that Ashley gave him nowt. SAFC attractive cheaper proposition given the clubs current league standing,potential there to build something good. Fact. Mags just dont want to see or accept that scenario that's the top and bottom of it all. Fuck them

I'm not bitter. Why would I be annoyed at Sunderland moving up two divisions, making big signings and being a serious top six side, when Newcastle have also won the title, the Champions league and best supporting actor at the Oscars in a scenario I've also just completely made up in my head and decided to be preemptively smug about like some deranged person using his imagination as some sort of coping mechanism...

Last edited:
That's a good serious point mind, I've often wondered why nobody buys them despite the constant links and have now come to the conclusion that potential investors take a look but think "nah we dont need all that OTT hysterical crap when it's not even a proper crisis half the time,imagine the stick we'll get if we fail let's just look elsewhere instead". And then you've got the Arabs who never were haha. Hopefully this new investment comes off for SAFC. Wise choice. Potentially a massive boost to SAFC, the City of Sunderland and the North East region in general.
Spot on, as I have posted before who on earth would buy the club when their fans go on like they do, I work in the investment game, not football I admit, but any investor would run a mile when they see an owner getting the grief he does when running a profitable club, seriously wtf do they think they think their antics will achieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back