New Zealand test squad announcement

I've knocked my tickets for Day 1 on the head.

It's still not decided (I think it's done today) who are the lucky 18,000 and there are other conditions attached.

That coupled with England players missing and the fanny on getting a train (no cheap tickets at this late stage) meant it was too much of a chew.

Hopefully easier come August 6 and Trent Bridge

Edgbaston have been a f*cking shambles like this past week.

I've knocked my tickets for Day 1 on the head.

It's still not decided (I think it's done today) who are the lucky 18,000 and there are other conditions attached.

That coupled with England players missing and the fanny on getting a train (no cheap tickets at this late stage) meant it was too much of a chew.

Hopefully easier come August 6 and Trent Bridge

Got me ticket. Train is costing £60 return like, it was £40 last week. :mad:

I'd be very surprised if there's a full 18k there. I reckon the uncertainty and fanny on with testing will have put a few off.

I'd be very surprised if there's a full 18k there. I reckon the uncertainty and fanny on with testing will have put a few off.
The testing has put me off certainly. Would get in from work at 6 then spend probably the best part of an hour trying to work out how to do a test, with no guarantee it would actually work. Can’t be arsed with it. Shame as I got mine through the BA as originally they were allowed to use their full allocation even with a reduced crowd, so was quite chuffed at that!

Last edited:
The testing has put me off certainly. Would get in from work at 6 then spend probably the best part of an hour trying to work out how to do a test, with no guarantee it would actually work. Can’t be arsed with it. Shame as I got mine through the BA as originally they were allowed to use their full allocation even with a reduced crowd, so was quite chuffed at that!

I've ordered the pack of 7 testing kits, gonna do a few practice runs in the next week.

Thats not bad if it's from Durham/Ncle.

When booking last minute I normally would get several cheap day returns and break the journey into segments, as a way of keeping the cost down. But, with this covid business you need to havea booked seat for the whole journey, so that makes my normal plan very difficult.

I couldn't even get a train from Newcastle to Durham without reserving a seat on saturday :cry:

Nowt better than the first morning of test cricket of the summer.

I'm off work this week as I was booked to go on holiday to Barcelona, obviously that's now in the bin due to covid. But the weathers class, going to be sitting in the garden, drinking cans + listening to TMS. Not a bad substitute.

Thats not bad if it's from Durham/Ncle.

When booking last minute I normally would get several cheap day returns and break the journey into segments, as a way of keeping the cost down. But, with this covid business you need to havea booked seat for the whole journey, so that makes my normal plan very difficult.

I couldn't even get a train from Newcastle to Durham without reserving a seat on saturday :cry:

Mine's a journey from the south coast to London then London to Brum. Didn't have to reserve a seat on either mind.

Back