New Years Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

anth

Winger
I've heard nothing mentioned about new years eve? Loads about easing things for Christmas so I presume it's back to everything shut? If that's the case I'm sure plenty of people, especially younger people, will have house parties and ignore the rules. It would of been great for people's morale if they could see the back of 2020 with a bit of a party.

We will be in tier3 so no pubs or events and no mixing in homes, so we are having a zoom party with family around the country

I've heard nothing mentioned about new years eve? Loads about easing things for Christmas so I presume it's back to everything shut? If that's the case I'm sure plenty of people, especially younger people, will have house parties and ignore the rules. It would of been great for people's morale if they could see the back of 2020 with a bit of a party.
Fuck morale and bollox to a party This is exactly the reason we can't have a normal Xmas and new year because some idiots feel a bit inconvenienced. I get so angry when people go on about this kind of stuff. I had to shield for 8 months in the hope of staying alive and yet some people want a party because it's been a little bit rough for them.

Fuck morale and bollox to a party This is exactly the reason we can't have a normal Xmas and new year because some idiots feel a bit inconvenienced. I get so angry when people go on about this kind of stuff. I had to shield for 8 months in the hope of staying alive and yet some people want a party because it's been a little bit rough for them.

to be fair mate you don’t know how rough it’s been for anybody including the poster you quoted.. it’s rough that you’ve had to isolate for a long time and we’ll done for sticking stringently to it.. not sure I could handle total isolation so like I say well done.. it is unfortunate to be in your position but the reality is you’re a minority, I’ve started new meds which in a few months will have flattened my immune system so if all this is ongoing there’s a very strong chance I’ll be joining you.. don’t think there’s any need for you or any one else to be calling people out for being disappointed at any restrictions.. did you expect the rest of the population to isolate with you?? I appreciate there will have been rule breakers throughout this mess but from what I’ve personally witnessed the majority stick to rules set out. Other people may have different experiences but they are mine... to have a go at a fellow poster for fancying a bit of a do that he can’t have makes you come across a little bit selfish yourself mate.. mind you after 8 month who can blame you..

Not mentioned cos nee one bothers with it anymore. Iirc it died when the 90s ended.
New year's Eve is over rated anyway

NYD drinking :cool:

Last edited:
Not mentioned cos nee one bothers with it anymore.

new years day is a much better drinking session, but I think that's more the older you get. My worry is all the younger ones who end up having big house parties because, I don't know about you but, when I was in my early 20s new years eve was a big night out.

new years day is a much better drinking session, but I think that's more the older you get. My worry is all the younger ones who end up having big house parties because, I don't know about you but, when I was in my early 20s new years eve was a big night out.

It was. Its not anymore. Back in the day it was like Ramsey Street in neighbours. Open doors galore, everyone in a house except those that actually lived there. It's nowt like that now. And hasn't been for years.

to be fair mate you don’t know how rough it’s been for anybody including the poster you quoted.. it’s rough that you’ve had to isolate for a long time and we’ll done for sticking stringently to it.. not sure I could handle total isolation so like I say well done.. it is unfortunate to be in your position but the reality is you’re a minority, I’ve started new meds which in a few months will have flattened my immune system so if all this is ongoing there’s a very strong chance I’ll be joining you.. don’t think there’s any need for you or any one else to be calling people out for being disappointed at any restrictions.. did you expect the rest of the population to isolate with you?? I appreciate there will have been rule breakers throughout this mess but from what I’ve personally witnessed the majority stick to rules set out. Other people may have different experiences but they are mine... to have a go at a fellow poster for fancying a bit of a do that he can’t have makes you come across a little bit selfish yourself mate.. mind you after 8 month who can blame you..
I don't think I'm being selfish at all. I want to get back to mingling with folk having Xmas and new years without restrictions and going the match only to be disappointed by getting beat at home 3 nowt to the Fleetwood of this world etc etc. Unfortunately until enough people are vaccinated we can't do that yet some are wanting parties because they feel a little bit down with it all. This year has been shit for pretty much everyone but it's a once in a hundred year thing so we can't compare it to other years. Let this year go as a write off and when we can let's make up for it then. The more people flout the rules the longer this goes on for. It really is that simple yet some folk can't understand this. There's another thread on being in tier 3 and will people break the rules for Xmas. It's obvious some people really don't care because it's upsetting their Xmas plans.

Last edited:
I don't think I'm being selfish at all. I want to get back to mingling with folk having Xmas and new years without restrictions and going the match only to be disappointed by getting beat at home 3 nowt to the Fleetwood of this world etc etc. Unfortunately until enough people are vaccinated we can't do that yet some are wanting parties because they feel a little bit down with it all. This year has been shit for pretty much everyone but it's a once in a hundred year thing so we can't compare it to other years. Let this year go as a write off and when we can let's make up for it then. The more people flout the rules the longer this goes on for. It really is that simple yet some folk can't understand this.

fully agree about forgetting this year and the 5 day carry on is farcical. Just gets my back up a little bit when posters get pelters for expressing disappointment at how the restrictions affect them.. it’s affecting us all in different ways so it’s relative to the individual is the point I’m trying to make.. selfish was maybe a bit strong mate, it was posted for want of a better word..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back