New Wear Bridge - Pylon arrival on the Wear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the bit that came up on the barge (as per photos) is just the top piece of the pylon? It doesn't look like the whole thing to my admittedly untrained eye.

Actually having looked again it seems like most of the bit above the road deck, so ignore me please...
Looks like that's all of it, the 'bar' coming across looks like it runs under the road in the pictures that have been put out up to now.

Yep. Without mistaking it for the original design, I somehow thought it would be taller.
I thought the same, but I don't think the images of it coming into the port did it justice. On the barge coming up the river, with landmarks like the current bridges for scale, it looked a lot bigger.

I thought the same, but I don't think the images of it coming into the port did it justice. On the barge coming up the river, with landmarks like the current bridges for scale, it looked a lot bigger.

Highest point on the Tyne bridge is only 56 metres above the watter. It'll be visible from some distance.

Highest point on the Tyne bridge is only 56 metres above the watter. It'll be visible from some distance.
Suspect also that you don't get a very good perspective of its height when it is laid flat like it is. Although not as impressive as the original design, it will be still quite spectacular I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back