New sports bar

Won't be when new on opens but I was referring to other entitainmemt bars of lower price range for food/drink. Would rather go there than holmeside for example
I do like Sloanes mind. It’s usually decent down sunniside after the match. Wasn’t keen on the gin bar but didn’t mind Justice, Sams, Sloanes and even Libby Mays.

I do like Sloanes mind. It’s usually decent down sunniside after the match. Wasn’t keen on the gin bar but didn’t mind Justice, Sams, Sloanes and even Libby Mays.
Im Usually in sloanes before match. Sometimes after. Same family have mannor bar which is more upmarket but also cracking place. Has great beer garden too.

I noticed the bar opposite Sloanes has a sign in the window saying it’s reopening in May. It was last called the Church Door, is it reopening again as that or something else? I thought it had closed down before covid to be honest but I could be wrong, hence wondering when I saw that sign. Only went in the once but it was canny, just absolutely tiny.

I noticed the bar opposite Sloanes has a sign in the window saying it’s reopening in May. It was last called the Church Door, is it reopening again as that or something else? I thought it had closed down before covid to be honest but I could be wrong, hence wondering when I saw that sign. Only went in the once but it was canny, just absolutely tiny.
Surely can't until restrictions end. Very small inside.

I remember coming out of sams bar and going to the church door when it opened, walked to the door and I was gobsmacked at how ridiculously small it was so didn't bother going in

League 1 on the dodgy box, shit wings, and a sticky pool table. Five lads in wearing cagoules glued to their phones checking their accas. Sounds mint.
Cagoules or berghaus with hood up even inside !!
Perfect location with the Premier Inn over the road. In a strange town on your own and you want a bite to eat and some sport to keep you occupied on a quiet school night.
Perfect for the travelling serial killer

Last edited:
New sports bar to open where the old revolution is

Should be canny described as "new york style" sports bar

Walked past the old Bud Bigelows this morning , obvious building work going on, so asked the two gadgies standing in the doorway what was going on. It's definitely opening up again. Downstairs will be food and drink during the day and at night lively, loud music from the 90's onwards. Upstairs will be sports bar day and night, loads of tellys showing various sports and absolutely no music. Sunderland matches will be shown and they reckon there will be no licence problems in doing that. Can't remember what downstairs bar will be called but upstairs will be Craigs after the two local lads who own it. Oh and definitely no bucking bronco!

"Can I have a git big chilli dog and a Bud marra"

Better off just opening a generic bar and putting big screens up with sport on as and when required tbh. Works well with the club.
:lol: :lol:

“What yeh mean yeh dinnit dee sloppy joes hew, just girriz some nachos partner marra”

Sloanes in sunniside is by far the best sports bar in sunderland. Plenty of pool tables and screens everywhere even the toilets! They can change channels on em too indipendently. Beer and food cheap and cheerful and staff all canny. Knocks spots off most of competition imo
I’ll look in. Moved away 38yrs ago so aren’t up to speed.

Walked past the old Bud Bigelows this morning , obvious building work going on, so asked the two gadgies standing in the doorway what was going on. It's definitely opening up again. Downstairs will be food and drink during the day and at night lively, loud music from the 90's onwards. Upstairs will be sports bar day and night, loads of tellys showing various sports and absolutely no music. Sunderland matches will be shown and they reckon there will be no licence problems in doing that. Can't remember what downstairs bar will be called but upstairs will be Craigs after the two local lads who own it. Oh and definitely no bucking bronco!
Anyone remember when the upstairs there was a lapdance place? But also had pool tables and the late kick-off on after the match?

I like the Church Door like. Quirky.

How do they work that out??

Don't know mate. I mentioned the big fine that the pub in Portsmouth got hit with a while back and the possibility of Sky sending in undercover people but they said Premier League regulations don't apply. They were adamant they can show all of our games

Don't know mate. I mentioned the big fine that the pub in Portsmouth got hit with a while back and the possibility of Sky sending in undercover people but they said Premier League regulations don't apply. They were adamant they can show all of our games
I know where you can see our games

The Stadium of Light!

Charlie was right!

Get out the pub and in the ground.

Back