New sports bar

The area around the Empire is slowly coming on ok. The old Chinese went and was replaced by Aperitif which is fair enough. Shame that funeral directors is there though as its the only place in the area which stands out like a sore thumb. I know the Minster is opposite for funerals but surely you would think they'd move somewhere else.

The area around the Empire is slowly coming on ok. The old Chinese went and was replaced by Aperitif which is fair enough. Shame that funeral directors is there though as its the only place in the area which stands out like a sore thumb. I know the Minster is opposite for funerals but surely you would think they'd move somewhere else.
Your right and its the only place in the part of town that's dead inside :lol:

Can’t remember it being Victoria’s. Probably never went in.

It was Victoria's in 1987 when it first opened (furniture shop before that, possibly Pells).

Aye I thought it went back to having that name for a bit in the late noughties, because it was when me and my mates first started going to town and used to go in there for the student nights on Mondays for fiver in and all you can drink sort of deals. Could swear it had the name Victoria’s on the shitty promo cards they used to give out.

Tommy Robinson likes this.

I used to love Jonny Ringos for our late Sunday night scran and a few beers. Great times.

Sunday afternoons/evenings in the town used to be jumping. Had some really good times

Sundays are now pretty much dead (mind, so are Fridays)

I’ve not been to the states for ower 35yrs but even then their Sports Bars were better than owt I’ve seen ower here. Screens along the length of every wall up high so that no one blocks anyone’s view. 8-10 sporting events on all of the time yet they still seemed like neighbourhood bars unlike that place around the corner from Trafalgar Square.
The big place beneath the travelodge a few doors along from the Greens or what used to be idols are the only places in Sunderland I could see doing it properly.

I’ve not been to the states for ower 35yrs but even then their Sports Bars were better than owt I’ve seen ower here. Screens along the length of every wall up high so that no one blocks anyone’s view. 8-10 sporting events on all of the time yet they still seemed like neighbourhood bars unlike that place around the corner from Trafalgar Square.
The big place beneath the travelodge a few doors along from the Greens or what used to be idols are the only places in Sunderland I could see doing it properly.
Sloanes in sunniside is by far the best sports bar in sunderland. Plenty of pool tables and screens everywhere even the toilets! They can change channels on em too indipendently. Beer and food cheap and cheerful and staff all canny. Knocks spots off most of competition imo

Back