New signings for clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play for Sunderland and know nothing about this. Only player who has signed who is likely to play 2s is young Dale Shaw from Seaham.

1s have signed Mark Dale from Benwell, have got Mike Robson back after his spell at Notts and have Stokes signed up as our second Durham player. We'll potentially have an 'overseas' batsman available for a spell in the middle of the season too.

Coyne has left us to go to South North, and Skilbeck has signed for Phili.

Is that the kid that was at the Fell a few years back

YES WE GYAN said:
Maybe so, haven't heard anything though and haven't seen anyone at training. Our seconds have a fair number of players so there's gonna be a few who miss out on playing on a Saturday.

What does Dench do?

Opening bat. Just seems logical that he'd play nearer home.

how much does your average paid pro get in the North East leagues

Depends on the club. There's a lot of run-of-the mill, 300 run/35wkt players getting 500-1000 under the table.

"Marquee pros" are getting double or even treble that - sometimes even more. In my opinion in the Coast League, if you're getting £2k plus you need to be taking 70 wickets or scoring 800-1000 runs for me (or scoring 500 runs AND taking 50 wickets); but it rarely happens.

There's some scary rumours coming out of Washington as to how much there's gets - but these are unsubstantiated, and I take them with a pinch of salt! Old Timer - you shed any light on this?

Some teams in the county league will pay £3000 for their top players but not take promotion because they"cant afford it".

VOR is that true Winn has moved to Brandon?

Not linked by the way!!!

mickonline said:
Some teams in the county league will pay £3000 for their top players but not take promotion because they"cant afford it".

VOR is that true Winn has moved to Brandon?

Not linked by the way!!!

Aye mate Chris will be opening batting and bowling at the Riggs Bowl

I play for Sunderland and know nothing about this. Only player who has signed who is likely to play 2s is young Dale Shaw from Seaham.

1s have signed Mark Dale from Benwell, have got Mike Robson back after his spell at Notts and have Stokes signed up as our second Durham player. We'll potentially have an 'overseas' batsman available for a spell in the middle of the season too.

Coyne has left us to go to South North, and Skilbeck has signed for Phili.

Following on from this, we've finalised the signing of Michael Di Venuto as overseas player. Expected to be available to us during the spell where Durham are playing T20 fixtures. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back