New signings for clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Winger
With the club season only a couple of weeks away clubs should be able to confirm their squads so who will be where this year.

Washington have signed Jack and Jimmy Gaf from South Shields and Lee Rushworth from Hylton. Nick Thompson also returns from Whickham.

David Ebdale has moved to Blyth, while both James Thompson and Adam Hicky are expected to play the majority of games for the Academy so will have few games for Washington this year.

So how about other clubs?

With the club season only a couple of weeks away clubs should be able to confirm their squads so who will be where this year.

Washington have signed Jack and Jimmy Gaf from South Shields and Lee Rushworth from Hylton. Nick Thompson also returns from Whickham.

David Ebdale has moved to Blyth, while both James Thompson and Adam Hicky are expected to play the majority of games for the Academy so will have few games for Washington this year.

So how about other clubs?

Who are Jack and Jimmy Gaf?

Strange move for Lee!

Glad to see the Hoff return. Have missed his sunglasses.

That should be Gaff. Jak is a young seamer and Jimmy is his wicket keeping dad.

Is this the end for my old history teacher behind the stumps? A sad day.

Bill Quay lose Dodd to Eppleton and Dench to Sunderland. No signings and none were sought; the club intends to consolidate/promote from within this year with no promotion on offer.

Bill Quay lose Dodd to Eppleton and Dench to Sunderland. No signings and none were sought; the club intends to consolidate/promote from within this year with no promotion on offer.

Very commendable. Dench to Sunderland when did this come about ?

Very commendable. Dench to Sunderland when did this come about ?

I'll tell you in June whether or not it's a commendable decision! A replacement pro was discussed at the AGM; but voted down by the large majority of the players.

Over the winter - he's going to play for Sunderland 2s when he's available as it's close to home and he wants to spend more time with his kids, which is fair enough!

I'll tell you in June whether or not it's a commendable decision! A replacement pro was discussed at the AGM; but voted down by the large majority of the players.

Over the winter - he's going to play for Sunderland 2s when he's available as it's close to home and he wants to spend more time with his kids, which is fair enough!

Fair enough, with so much uncertainty in and around the leagues I dont see the point in employing a pro this season either.

Fair enough, with so much uncertainty in and around the leagues I dont see the point in employing a pro this season either.

Agreed -particularly in the Coast League when no pro has really made a marked difference since Calvin carried Murton to the league.

There's a lot of money wasted on players who (whilst admittedly better than I'll ever be!) are not world-beaters.

Indeed, mind he's old enough to know history, never mind teach it. He;s so old that even I have played in the same team. He's been retired before as well!

Probably a good decision - given the uncertainty ahead. Good luck with that.

There's a lot of money wasted on players who are not world-beaters.

Amen to that. And not just the 'official' professionals.

The Voice Of Reason said:
Long story mate

None cricket related principle

Let's here it

redandwhiterob said:
Staggering some of the players getting paid nowadays, I can remember the days down Horden when some top, top quality players get fuck all and only the pro got paid

It will end in tears

I play for Sunderland and know nothing about this. Only player who has signed who is likely to play 2s is young Dale Shaw from Seaham.

1s have signed Mark Dale from Benwell, have got Mike Robson back after his spell at Notts and have Stokes signed up as our second Durham player. We'll potentially have an 'overseas' batsman available for a spell in the middle of the season too.

Coyne has left us to go to South North, and Skilbeck has signed for Phili.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back