New purchases that are faulty or crap

Last 3 things I bought

1 - Ceiling Light & Fan. Installed it, it came on, but woudn't go off. Messed around for ages. Just before taking it down I replaced the brand new batteries in the remote which fixed it.
2 - Bought another of the same units as above for my folks - arrived smashed to bits
3 - New cat litter tray with a sifting tray to work with wood pellets. Didn't have the sifting tray - so another trip to the Evri place.

If you buy cheap you buy twice.

Go for the best quality you can. There is usually a good reason why things are more expensive.

One thing I'm sick of is headsets for the Xbox for the bairn. Seems like every one we buy (varying price ranges) break after a few weeks or months, generally due to the microphone bit not working. I'm careful to make sure he uses it properly, it's stored away when he's not using it, but every one breaks. Absolute shite!

I've always found the cheap £7 (probably around £10 now) headsets from lidl to last the longest.
Turtle beach expensive crap last a month or so

I've always found the cheap £7 (probably around £10 now) headsets from lidl to last the longest.
Turtle beach expensive crap last a month or so
Aye, normally you think the more you pay the better they'll be, but I've certainly found turtle beach to be no better than any others, and worse than some! From now on I'm getting him really cheap ones so at least I'm not as annoyed when they break. I should really keep receipts and post them back under warranty etc but I never get round to it

Aye, normally you think the more you pay the better they'll be, but I've certainly found turtle beach to be no better than any others, and worse than some! From now on I'm getting him really cheap ones so at least I'm not as annoyed when they break. I should really keep receipts and post them back under warranty etc but I never get round to it

Keep your eyes out for lidl ones in the specials. Aldi probably too 👍🏼
Lidl have recently had some so you might be lucky.
Mind , they've probably gone down hill like most crap these days.

If you buy cheap you buy twice.

Go for the best quality you can. There is usually a good reason why things are more expensive.
Big problem with that is that loads of the expensive options are the exact same as the cheap options with a different badge stuck on them.
Its deliberately difficult to know what the good option is these days.

One such example is Anker - I know I can trust their gear, but I'm sure the day will come when they get bought out or whatever, and just whack their sticker on dirt cheap crap and cash in on their reputation.
Loads of electronics companies now have a "cheap line" and its almost impossible to figure out which is the one made by them and which is made by someone else under licence.

Big problem with that is that loads of the expensive options are the exact same as the cheap options with a different badge stuck on them.
Its deliberately difficult to know what the good option is these days.

One such example is Anker - I know I can trust their gear, but I'm sure the day will come when they get bought out or whatever, and just whack their sticker on dirt cheap crap and cash in on their reputation.
Loads of electronics companies now have a "cheap line" and it’s almost impossible to figure out which is the one made by them and which is made by someone else under licence.
If it’s little cheap stuff I’m not that bothered but if it’s expensive stuff I do masses of research so much so I usually put myself off.

I’m in the process of convincing myself that a rather expensive purchase is not needed.

Is it just me or is everything you buy nowadays seems to be pot luck.. i got two new tyres 2 weeks ago and one was knackered ater 2 weeks.. my son bought a bairns snooker table from argos and there was no balls with it.. i bought a new parcel shelf hanger for my car and the string is too short.. rant over 😄
You're just getting on mate . They give you all the shit once you get past 50 😉

Back