New purchases that are faulty or crap

One thing I'm sick of is headsets for the Xbox for the bairn. Seems like every one we buy (varying price ranges) break after a few weeks or months, generally due to the microphone bit not working. I'm careful to make sure he uses it properly, it's stored away when he's not using it, but every one breaks. Absolute shite!
Been there 😂

Dyson. Absolutely rubbish. On 2nd battery which is already failing and third brush bar. Its 5 year old i reckon. Bought a shark and impressed so far. The stuff it picked up on the first day that the dyson was not 😬

The latest one will support phones released six years ago and older ones will still work if you don't do the update. A line has to be drawn somewhere.
Why? Make stuff to last and future proof it the best you can at the time, it might not have full functionality but it should be able to be used as a basic phone for years to come.
Fridges and washing machines are my main annoyance, fairly expensive items that rarely give you 4 or 5 years service, and when they do start glitching they are 'uneconomical to repair ', my nanna had her first fridge for nearly 30 years, unbelievable build quality, the handle was like something from a 50's Cadillac!

Same across the board
Not on Google Pixel phones it's not. I've had a 5 for 3.5 years nearly and it never slowed for any update. It's past it's end of security updates (new ones have 7-8 years though) but I'm too old for the kind of sites where it's an issue anyway.

Quite a lot of stuff these days I think
How can they make something for that price
Bear in mind about 4 people have had a slice of profit before you buy it.
So that's a big factor

Why? Make stuff to last and future proof it the best you can at the time, it might not have full functionality but it should be able to be used as a basic phone for years to come.
Fridges and washing machines are my main annoyance, fairly expensive items that rarely give you 4 or 5 years service, and when they do start glitching they are 'uneconomical to repair ', my nanna had her first fridge for nearly 30 years, unbelievable build quality, the handle was like something from a 50's Cadillac!
I literally said you could do that in my post.

Aye, normally you think the more you pay the better they'll be, but I've certainly found turtle beach to be no better than any others, and worse than some! From now on I'm getting him really cheap ones so at least I'm not as annoyed when they break. I should really keep receipts and post them back under warranty etc but I never get round to it
Every ferked one we’ve had has gone back to toywereus, smyths or wherever, fuck em.

Mind this post will make me look tight 😂

Had a meeting up edinburgh n forgot to take my charger. Ran in a sainsburys n bastard was £20 (juice). 51 weeks later it broke. As it was a company purchase i had receipt. Walked dog round my sainsburys “this is just under a year old we dont even sell them any more sorry””ah thats fine just give me £20, cheers” 😎 😂

Bosch dishwasher went off last night 8 year old
E23 pump issue although regularly have problem with float switch e15 fault that sorts itself out after 24 hours
Any recommendations for a repair company

Back