New purchases that are faulty or crap

Bought a brand new cooker last year, on having it wired in and on first use it took about 40 minutes to preheat the oven and cut out if you had it on 200° or more.
A piece of bread took about 18 minutes under the grill to toast, I was f***ing foaming.
Safe to say it got disconnected and sent back, horrendous piece of kit.

Smartphones are some of the worse for planned obsolescence.

Non-user changeable batteries is the biggest joke, along with the fact that the first thing you have to buy is a case and a screen protector because the things are so femma.
This is rubbish like, certainly hasn’t been the case with iPhones for a long time. Phone cases are for lasses and old men

One thing I'm sick of is headsets for the Xbox for the bairn. Seems like every one we buy (varying price ranges) break after a few weeks or months, generally due to the microphone bit not working. I'm careful to make sure he uses it properly, it's stored away when he's not using it, but every one breaks. Absolute shite!
We had that when the bairns were young, now that they are older they are actually lasting

maybe rose tinted eggs but stuff isn't built as good these days either, not everything but quite a bit. I've had 2 ninja air fryers, first one was solid and you could clearly see it was well made, this newer one feels much cheaper, more plastic, even down to the button clicks.

Furniture is another.

There will be a part of it that's planned, but a lot of it is just using poor quality materials or components, or skimping on the solder, using capacitors that are only rated at x degrees for y amount of time etc.

maybe rose tinted eggs but stuff isn't built as good these days either, not everything but quite a bit. I've had 2 ninja air fryers, first one was solid and you could clearly see it was well made, this newer one feels much cheaper, more plastic, even down to the button clicks.

Furniture is another.

There will be a part of it that's planned, but a lot of it is just using poor quality materials or components, or skimping on the solder, using capacitors that are only rated at x degrees for y amount of time etc.
100% electrical goods are. Washers, fridge freezers etc are made to break soon after the warranty runs out….

The latest one will support phones released six years ago and older ones will still work if you don't do the update. A line has to be drawn somewhere.
Whereas my Apple Watch launch version was obsolete within 2 years. My iPad, launch, got dumped after 2 or 3 too.

I know it happens, I just think it’s unfair, and certainly unethical.

I love Argos, but some of their stores are no better than a market stall. Had some items in awful condition from them. I bought a bin once and they dragged it straight out the back, thick of scratches and dust and just assumed that was okay.

The one in Alnwick is class though.

I love Argos, but some of their stores are no better than a market stall. Had some items in awful condition from them. I bought a bin once and they dragged it straight out the back, thick of scratches and dust and just assumed that was okay.

Ive worked in id say in every argos store in the north east and the back end and its a fcking disgrace its carnage and simply not enough people to do the job..

Ive worked in id say in every argos store in the north east and the back end and its a fcking disgrace its carnage and simply not enough people to do the job..
Doesn’t surprise me, some of them are shocking and utterly filthy.

Still buy loads from there though, it’s like staying in a toxic relationship because you can’t be without them.

Just saying this today everything we buy whether expensive or cheap is just shite 🤣. Ive been building the bairns beds today, they looked decent in the shop but they comes as a flat pack and just seems shite quality. Really can't be arsed to pack them back up and send them back.
I make my bed every morning, tomorrow I’m taking the pile of rubbish back to IKEA.

It closed down and moved to Sainsbury's.

Planned obsolescence

Usually cheap stuff from China

Quite often its designed to fail, for you to re-buy it again later….it’s their business model

Best off going elsewhere first
Spot on.
My Garmin 500 for my bike was, after a few blips, mainly due to my Technophobia, working fine after 9 years.
But Garmin decided that was too long and prevented me from accessing their download, or upload, whatever the ferk is right. So being tight as a fishes arse, i decided to use the still working unit as similar to a Cateye. I typed the stats that were important manually onto STRAVA . Garmin decided they didn't like that, and after a week or so, my Garmin 500 died. After that, there is/was zero chance of me buying another garmin product.

Back