New pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Church Lane isn't massive either
We pop in match days but really you're standing with a pint in a restaurant
Double fronted though, but aye not massive.

Unless they are buying the two units, and knocking them through it's going to be a very thin pub.

Church Lane isn't massive either
We pop in match days but really you're standing with a pint in a restaurant

I like the place and the drink selection they have is superb. The layout is a bit shit though, ideally they could do with the bar area somewhere else to stop that bottleneck by the doorway. Suppose there's nowt you can do about that though.

I like the place and the drink selection they have is superb. The layout is a bit shit though, ideally they could do with the bar area somewhere else to stop that bottleneck by the doorway. Suppose there's nowt you can do about that though.
I like it but we waited a good 10 minutes for drinks behind some lass ordering all kinds of bait and it was half full.A bar has a bit more urgency behind it
On the beer side they have loads of choice but unless you're genned up its a minefield,from 6 feet away its just a sea of labels
I Picked one off the chalk board one week and the lass just looked at me.

I like it but we waited a good 10 minutes for drinks behind some lass ordering all kinds of bait and it was half full.A bar has a bit more urgency behind it
On the beer side they have loads of choice but unless you're genned up its a minefield,from 6 feet away its just a sea of labels
I Picked one off the chalk board one week and the lass just looked at me.

No way I would have lasted waiting ten minutes..

There are a few people working in The Conservatory on St Mary street tonight. Its a brave person who takes that place on as has never really had any sustained success since the mid-80s.

Good luck to them and hopefuly it does well, what ever it is going to be

There are a few people working in The Conservatory on St Mary street tonight. Its a brave person who takes that place on as has never really had any sustained success since the mid-80s.

St Mary Street?? Mary Street you mean?

Good luck to them and hopefuly it does well, what ever it is going to be[/QUOTE. Was rumours it was Holy Smokes taking it over?

Last edited:

Was decent as substance. Spent many a Sunday there.

Whatever happened to Cargo? The 1 which used to Bud Bigs. The bar which never advertised itself or anything :rolleyes:

Remember walking past 1 evening and it was shut, no surprise.

Whatever happened to Cargo? The 1 which used to Bud Bigs. The bar which never advertised itself or anything :rolleyes:

Remember walking past 1 evening and it was shut, no surprise.

supposed to be shut for a couple of months to fix a water leak or something.
Wouldn't surprise me if it stayed shut. They put no effort into in & no one went in

supposed to be shut for a couple of months to fix a water leak or something.
Wouldn't surprise me if it stayed shut. They put no effort into in & no one went in

Think it's the only pub or bar I've ever seen who never advertised or made any effort to make themselves known, lazy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back