New Pro Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite a reviewers seem to have PES on a par with FIFA this year, a couple I've seen have in fact scored it ahead of FIFA and none have it a country mile behind FIFA which would suggest it's not light years behind or an awful game like some on here have said.

From the demos I think Pro Evo has closed the gap massively although FIFA is still marginally the better game.

Just also been reading fan reviews of PES on play.com and all of the reviews are people comparing it to Fifa, PES fans seem very insecure and are in denial that FIFA is lightyears ahead of PES now. Play.com fan reviews of fifa are about fifa and they dont need to compare to PES.

Funny that because for me, the FIFA fans have always been the most vehement defenders of 'their' game. Even when it was shite they would argue till they were blue in the face that it was better than PES.

such as what? the gameplay is pretty much the same now except you can dribble with the ball on pes.

tempted to get it this year, had fifa the past few times but its stagnating now.

It looks and plays awful still. Pro Evo 6 i think was spot on, they just needed to sort the licensing for the names out. Instead they've fucked it all up. FIFA 'stagnating' ? Simply because its already top drawer and what more could you do with it? Pro evo might seem to improve massively one year but just because the last version was garbage.

It looks and plays awful still. Pro Evo 6 i think was spot on, they just needed to sort the licensing for the names out. Instead they've fucked it all up. FIFA 'stagnating' ? Simply because its already top drawer and what more could you do with it? Pro evo might seem to improve massively one year but just because the last version was garbage.

That's not true though.

I agree that Pro Evo's improvement this year has been greater just because it's started from worse level though.

In my experience you can't tell anything from the shite demos the pair of them release. I finally decided on PES2010 last year after playing a full half in HMV when passing one day. They'd sorted most of the bugs I had with the gameplay in PES2009 so I was happy with it.

they all had the proper names in the last one. who gives a fuck if they dont anyway, its about gameplay ffs.

Get the option file and it's all sorted anyway - some of the strips on the PES option file tend to look better than the set in stone FIFA efforts as well.

Played both demos quite a bit and I've pre-ordered pro evo through amazon.. from someone who's never played either game for 3 years at least pes seemed more playable when first picked it up and after a while felt like it had more depth too in terms of tricks/passing which felt more random on Fifa; although it might help if Fifa came with a f***ing command list.

Is someone actually complaining about Konami having ads in the game? Have you seen the amount on EA banners going on in FIFA?

Don't care about the licensing.. And if I bought Fifa it'd feel like I was actually giving Martin Tyler and Andy Gray my own money; saying that my music taste was solely influenced by Soccer AM and completely ignoring the fact that everytime I hear "EA sports, It's in the game" I get shudders down my spine.

Shit, that last paragraph makes me sound like I have ISS tattooed across my heart, re reading it is pretty scary! :eek:

Played both demos quite a bit and I've pre-ordered pro evo through amazon.. from someone who's never played either game for 3 years at least pes seemed more playable when first picked it up and after a while felt like it had more depth too in terms of tricks/passing which felt more random on Fifa; although it might help if Fifa came with a f***ing command list.

Is someone actually complaining about Konami having ads in the game? Have you seen the amount on EA banners going on in FIFA?

Don't care about the licensing.. And if I bought Fifa it'd feel like I was actually giving Martin Tyler and Andy Gray my own money; saying that my music taste was solely influenced by Soccer AM and completely ignoring the fact that everytime I hear "EA sports, It's in the game" I get shudders down my spine.

Shit, that last paragraph makes me sound like I have ISS tattooed across my heart, re reading it is pretty scary! :eek:

:eek:

Am I dreaming? How can people play PES? Its a bunch of 2d robots running around in straight lines with no likeness to real football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back