New Music Releases Thread

can't be as bad as ' bank statement ' think it was someone from genesis spin off band.
that was an album title, mid-80s release by Tony Banks... probably his most successful solo album, whilst it wasnt a hit there was a track where fish sang the lead vocal that got minor air play.

i think hooton tennis club is still the shittest bandname.

Quite a lot of new albums this week. There are releases from Angel Dust, Biffy Clyro, Black Marble, Deerhoof, Duran Duran, Elton John, Every Time I Die, Grouper, Hand Habits, Halado Negro, Ian Miles, Jarvis Cocker, JPEGMAFIA, La Luz, Lana Del Rey, Lone, Lonely Guest, My Morning Jacket, Parquet Courts, Ross From Friends, Said The Whale, Self Esteem, Wale, Wet, The Surfing Magazines, Orquesta Akokan, Jackson & Sellers, Guided By Voices, Nubya Garcia (remix album), Pop Psychedelique (a compilation of French psychedelia), Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (B-sides and rareities pt 2), Omar Sosa & Seckou Keita, Mildred Maude, Clinic and Circuit des Yeux.
Ha'way @Arkle you've missed out the biggest release of the week - Skinny Lister!

Self Esteem top of my list.

For Those I Love last night was absolutely outstanding. Incredibly emotional gig as well. If anyone skipped this record earlier in the year I'd recommend going back and listening. Comfortably album of the year.
Great - going to see him on Sunday in Manchester. And, yes, album of the year.

They are one of the support acts for the Less Than Jake (I know, but I loved them when I was a teenager) 30th Anniversary tour next year. Lineup is pretty good actually - SL, Millie Manders, The Toasters and LTJ.
I was a bit surprised that they have taken that UK support slot as they are doing their own headline tour of the UK in November/December.

that was an album title, mid-80s release by Tony Banks... probably his most successful solo album, whilst it wasnt a hit there was a track where fish sang the lead vocal that got minor air play.

i think hooton tennis club is still the shittest bandname.
was it ? oh well, it's the worst album title then :D

I was a bit surprised that they have taken that UK support slot as they are doing their own headline tour of the UK in November/December.
LTJ isn’t until March though (Glasgow is 31st) so they’ve got a couple of months off in between. I’d think bands are wanting to tour as much as possible at the moment to make up for 18months of lost income.

LTJ isn’t until March though (Glasgow is 31st) so they’ve got a couple of months off in between. I’d think bands are wanting to tour as much as possible at the moment to make up for 18months of lost income.
It's more that they haven't had a UK support slot for at least five years that it took me by surprise.

Self Esteem top of my list.

For Those I Love last night was absolutely outstanding. Incredibly emotional gig as well. If anyone skipped this record earlier in the year I'd recommend going back and listening. Comfortably album of the year.
Got tickets for Wylam Brewery for Self Esteem. loved the first album. I'll have to give this one a good go before 2nd November

Self Esteem getting exceptional write ups.

I’m in a fun dilemma with her gig coming up clashing with Owen. I have tickets for both. Gigs are back and with the same problems of not being able to be in two places at once.

Quite a lot of new albums this week. There are releases from Angel Dust, Biffy Clyro, Black Marble, Deerhoof, Duran Duran, Elton John, Every Time I Die, Grouper, Hand Habits, Halado Negro, Ian Miles, Jarvis Cocker, JPEGMAFIA, La Luz, Lana Del Rey, Lone, Lonely Guest, My Morning Jacket, Parquet Courts, Ross From Friends, Said The Whale, Self Esteem, Wale, Wet, The Surfing Magazines, Orquesta Akokan, Jackson & Sellers, Guided By Voices, Nubya Garcia (remix album), Pop Psychedelique (a compilation of French psychedelia), Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (B-sides and rareities pt 2), Omar Sosa & Seckou Keita, Mildred Maude, Clinic and Circuit des Yeux.
Biffy, Skinny, Hausey, and the Parqueys for me (then back to the "new" Laura Stevenson in prep for the show tomorrow night!)

Back