New Music Releases Thread

Supersuckers new one is a belter as always. If there’s a band that writes better no-nonsense 2 and a half minute catchy hard rock songs I’m yet to hear them. It’s hardly groundbreaking stuff but they are superb at what they do.

Finding HMLTD a bit hit and miss.

Green Day I’m on the fence about. It’s about as far away from 90s Green Day as you can get. Had to double check the first couple of tracks were definitely Green Day and not the Eagles of Death Metal.

The Frazey Ford album is indeed superb. She’s got a great voice, cheers for the heads up.

Just listening now to am earlier album after listening to the new release and it's great stuff.

Love the Be Good Tanyas. Saw them twice at The Sage and they were brilliant gigs. Lost track of what they went onto when they wrapped up and embarrassed to admit that I didn't realise that Frazey was in the band until I checked out the album on Spotify (although the voice is unmistakable)

I'm pleased I dip into this thread now and again. Discovered Julia Jacklin via an early album of the year nomination from @Harry Angstrom

Just listening now to am earlier album after listening to the new release and it's great stuff.

Love the Be Good Tanyas. Saw them twice at The Sage and they were brilliant gigs. Lost track of what they went onto when they wrapped up and embarrassed to admit that I didn't realise that Frazey was in the band until I checked out the album on Spotify (although the voice is unmistakable)

I'm pleased I dip into this thread now and again. Discovered Julia Jacklin via an early album of the year nomination from @Harry Angstrom
Julia is class. Glad you enjoyed the album as well.

Indian Ocean album is brilliant too. She writes great tunes.

Indian Ocean album is brilliant too. She writes great tunes.

will get on that also.

id heard of neither her or the band to be honest. First I head was when @buckowski mentioned her. Really glad he did

Last edited:

Back