New Music Releases Thread

Really enjoying the new War on Drugs album, that song I don’t live here anymore sounds like an 80’s power ballad but I can’t stop listening

Early stuff was great, Lost in the dream was sublime, havnt done anything thats tickled my fancy since then.
I put the new album on this morning but turned off half way through to get back on Parquet Courts. Will listen properly over weekend though

Early stuff was great, Lost in the dream was sublime, havnt done anything thats tickled my fancy since then.
I put the new album on this morning but turned off half way through to get back on Parquet Courts. Will listen properly over weekend though
A Deeper Understanding was great.

Only had one listen of this one. Nothing standing out to me. Will give it another go but I found that a very dull first listen.

Right, my quick once over of new albums this week...

The Wilderness of Manitoba: indiefolk typs from Canada, who are very good live. This is their 5th or 6th album and is pretty nice.
Marissa Nadler: the usual spectral folk thing. Very good but I preferred her lo-fi earlier releases.
Justin Adams & Mauro Durante: JA is a guitarist who regularly collaborates with Robert Plant. MD is a violinist and percussionist. This is a bit desert blues, a bit folk and a lot good.
Hayes Carll: country singer-songwriter does what he does well.
Billy Bragg: he's in his stately 60 something period. Good songs, well performed.
Geese: I like them. They've got an interesting, quite Angolophile sound. Very promising.
The War on Drugs: lots of Chris Rea, lots of Mark Knopfler, not enough Frankie Stubbs. They seem to be smoothing out what made them interesting.
Philip Frobos: indie singer-songwriter who seems to use a bon tempi organ to provide percussion. Quite weird and not entirely pleasant.
Ashley Shadow: female singer-songwriter. This is very good, reminds me of Low if Mimi sang all the songs and the hadn't discovered electronica recently.
Lily Konigsberg: punky poppy punk. Pretty good, very brief.
Lotic: dark electronica which gets its warmth through female vocals. This is quite enjoyabe.
Linda Fredriksson: pastoral jazz from Finland, which kind of goes a bit folk. Really good!
Nightmares On Wax: the veteran chill out artist makes another good album mixing electronica, dub, house and reggae.

Album of the Week: in quiet one, I'll say Linda Fredriksson just shades it from Ashley Shadow, Geese and Billy Bragg.

Right, my quick once over of new albums this week...

The Wilderness of Manitoba: indiefolk typs from Canada, who are very good live. This is their 5th or 6th album and is pretty nice.
Marissa Nadler: the usual spectral folk thing. Very good but I preferred her lo-fi earlier releases.
Justin Adams & Mauro Durante: JA is a guitarist who regularly collaborates with Robert Plant. MD is a violinist and percussionist. This is a bit desert blues, a bit folk and a lot good.
Hayes Carll: country singer-songwriter does what he does well.
Billy Bragg: he's in his stately 60 something period. Good songs, well performed.
Geese: I like them. They've got an interesting, quite Angolophile sound. Very promising.
The War on Drugs: lots of Chris Rea, lots of Mark Knopfler, not enough Frankie Stubbs. They seem to be smoothing out what made them interesting.
Philip Frobos: indie singer-songwriter who seems to use a bon tempi organ to provide percussion. Quite weird and not entirely pleasant.
Ashley Shadow: female singer-songwriter. This is very good, reminds me of Low if Mimi sang all the songs and the hadn't discovered electronica recently.
Lily Konigsberg: punky poppy punk. Pretty good, very brief.
Lotic: dark electronica which gets its warmth through female vocals. This is quite enjoyabe.
Linda Fredriksson: pastoral jazz from Finland, which kind of goes a bit folk. Really good!
Nightmares On Wax: the veteran chill out artist makes another good album mixing electronica, dub, house and reggae.

Album of the Week: in quiet one, I'll say Linda Fredriksson just shades it from Ashley Shadow, Geese and Billy Bragg.
Worth trying Lunar Vacation and Jonsi

Back