New Music Releases Thread

Went back through some of Laura Marling's stuff over the last week before her release today, I'd completely forgot about the LUMP record somehow from 2018. That was a gem. Not listened to the new one yet but it's got 10/10 in five different reviews so far.

She's still probably the best act I've seen live.

She's tremendous live. Looking at her, you wouldn't imagine she'd have that voice. The LUMP album is excellent. I was wondering whether a follow up was due as they're playing the likely to be cancelled Green Man festival as things stand.

Quite like the new Strokes record. Best in quite some time IMO and they were excellent at Roundhouse. Wonder if they’ve finally turned a corner the miserable twats.

Good to hear. I was watching some of their early performances on YouTube last night from when ‘Is This It’ came out. As an impressionable 12 year old at the time they just seemed like the coolest band on the planet.

The Strokes is alright on first listen. Maybe slightly disappointing as I was expecting a Rick Rubin produced Strokes album to be a bit punchier and “Is This It?” Sounding.

Pokey Labumwank is good too. Modern themes to old fashioned music, but lacks the swagger that the likes of Justin Townes Earl’s “Kids in the Street” has.
Is this a wind up?

Good to hear. I was watching some of their early performances on YouTube last night from when ‘Is This It’ came out. As an impressionable 12 year old at the time they just seemed like the coolest band on the planet.

Im not going to lie, I was transported back to my annoying teenage self at that gig recently. Still cool as fuck and it was one of the last big nights out before all this properly kicked off. Would have gone even more mental if I’d know what was coming:)

It’s unreal how much 6 music are promoting Ed like.

Massively. He was on their festival lineup pretty high up which generally means they’ll bum you for months before and after. See also: Nadine Shah, Brittany Howard.

Massively. He was on their festival lineup pretty high up which generally means they’ll bum you for months before and after. See also: Nadine Shah, Brittany Howard.

aye Brittany Howard getting way over played aswel.
with Ed o brien I wouldn’t mind if they played different tracks but it’s always that shangri-la tune

I'm late to the party with Fontaines DC but just listened to their album and what a belter. Not what I'd usually listen to, a proper taste breaker. Bet they're great live

Back