New Music Releases Thread

there was a live Unthanks album out on Friday - Diversions 5 - live and unaccompanied

actually the info for this is all over the place - Discogs says it came out in Feb (so sorry if it was already mentioned on here!), last week was possibly the version with the film included, and Rough Trade over here says it's not out until April!

Looks like it was out on Friday here. First mention I've seen of it is your post. They were touring unaccompanied last year (the two sisters plus one of their string section also on vocals) so it'll be a result of that.
I like all of the B Dury album a lot but I agree the first two tracks are the best.

They're the two singles, aren't they?

Jarvis Cocker's album has been delayed until September. It had been scheduled for release in May. The single House Music All Night Long was really good.
As a teenager Matt Johnson released a limited edition cassette in 1979 titled See Without Being Seen. It was reproduced for cassette store day last year as a The The product with 3 extra instrumental tracks. This Friday it's getting a CD release with 3 further extra tracks. Not sure if it'll be on streaming platforms but you can get the CD direct fron The The"s website.

Last edited:
Lots of people are delaying albums. I assumed the best time to release them would be now since everyone is stuck af home with nowt to do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bright Eyes released their first new song in 9 years yesterday.

Lots of people are delaying albums. I assumed the best time to release them would be now since everyone is stuck af home with nowt to do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bright Eyes released their first new song in 9 years yesterday.

Yeah I thought now would be better also. Jelly Lee Owens doing same also. I’m listening to so much more with the home working

Dana Gavanski's debut album is due out on Friday. Quite like what I heard. Sounds a bit like Cate Le Bon to me. She played The Punch Bowl (Jesmond) a few months back but I swerved it after sampling a few songs. The same songs have gotten under my skin recently, by providing welcome calm to the current situation.

Last edited:

Back