New Music Releases Thread

Lemonheads tomorrow – won’t know until stage time – as always it’ll be up to which Dando turns up as to whether it’ll be a cracking show or a shambolic mess…prior experience tends to have me expecting the latter, but hoping for a former bonus
Hope you get the good one. I’m done with him after the last time. Never seen anyone less interested in being somewhere than he was that night (and I’ve seen the pixies loads!)
He just ruined lots of good teenage memories.

He can be amazing tho. Saw him with Juliana Hatfield a few years ago. That was class. Hearing all the shame about ray stuff like it was on the album.

Hope you get the good one. I’m done with him after the last time. Never seen anyone less interested in being somewhere than he was that night (and I’ve seen the pixies loads!)

He can be amazing tho. Saw him with Juliana Hatfield a few years ago. That was class. Hearing all the shame about ray stuff like it was on the album.
But at least you know what you're getting with a Pixies show - you know he's going to say nothing from the outset (the only speaking last time I saw them was him an Paz reading the "you f***ing die" interlude from printed sheets!:lol:) so you take that in stride going in and it's a great show. I figured last night I've seen Dando twice as a band (mid 90s), this'll be the third, and 4 times solo (spread across 20 years) - 3 great shows, 2 where he looked at his feet the whole time and grunted, and one where it was great at the start, but he was off his face, started to rant between songs, and went downhill fast. It's the Russian roulette that pisses me off!

Needs a last.fm profile as well
I think we should each take a crack at writing @Lester Ballard a bio, based entirely on us knowing nothing about him - best one gets used as his official one on the streaming sites. I feel we've earned it - he just did the hard work.

Last edited:
this dgkyle's on spotify's there, would be interested in a bit biographical info there mate. planning to take an outfit out on the road there?
Yes mate. Got some lads together and got them learning the songs. Probably be a bit later in the year that we start gigging.

Will sort out a bio and things when I can - I hadn’t thought that far ahead to be honest. I uploaded it just so I could be done with it, it’s took up two years of my life so far and I thought I would just keep tinkering and it would never be finished if I didn’t just ‘hit the button’ so to speak. I’ve never even had a social
Media profile before, so the wife set me up and Instagram profile last night. If you like you can follow me and as things get going you’ll know when I’m gigging. It’s DavidGKyleMusic on instagram.

As for next steps and stuff, happy to take advice from you all as, as I’ve said, I’ve never really thought that far ahead.

Needs a last.fm profile as well
I’ll sort one out mate. What do I do?

But at least you know what you're getting with a Pixies show - you know he's going to say nothing from the outset (the only speaking last time I saw them was him an Paz reading the "you f***ing die" interlude from printed sheets!:lol:) so you take that in stride going in and it's a great show. I figured last night I've seen Dando twice as a band (mid 90s), this'll be the third, and 4 times solo (spread across 20 years) - 3 great shows, 2 where he looked at his feet the whole time and grunted, and one where it was great at the start, but he was off his face, started to rant between songs, and went downhill fast. It's the Russian roulette that pisses me off!

I think we should each take a crack at writing @Lester Ballard a bio, based entirely on us knowing nothing about him - best one gets used as his official one on the streaming sites. I feel we've earned it - he just did the hard work.
Hahaha class! Get it done!

Last edited:
Yes mate. Got some lads together and got them learning the songs. Probably be a bit later in the year that we start gigging.

Will sort out a bio and things when I can - I hadn’t thought that far ahead to be honest. I uploaded it just so I could be done with it, it’s took up two years of my life so far and I thought I would just keep tinkering and it would never be finished if I didn’t just ‘hit the button’ so to speak. I’ve never even had a social
Media profile before, so the wife set me up and Instagram profile last night. If you like you can follow me and as things get going you’ll know when I’m gigging. It’s DavidGKyleMusic on instagram.

As for next steps and stuff, happy to take advice from you all as, as I’ve said, I’ve never really thought that far ahead.

I'd call yourself something that Alexa can understand mate - she's mutton. I have no trouble at all with Brotherhood of Man, if you're looking for a pointer in the right direction.

Dunno

But here is you

DGKyle music, videos, stats, and photos | Last.fm

Ha, will I didn’t even know that. As said before, I pay a few quid a month to have it released to all streaming sites etc. That must be in with the fee.
I’ll have to contact them about a bio etc. See what the craic is.

I think this means we're now your management team @Lester Ballard and as the thread starter (and therefore incubator for your talent) I will be invoicing for 20% of all future earnings.
You’re selling yourself short my friend ;)

We saw Evan Dando at the Wylam Brewery - started off great, his voice was so strong. Then it just descended into a mess. He was so obviously high and it just got boring - a big disappointment. Bottom line is he's a spoilt little rich boy.

We saw Evan Dando at the Wylam Brewery - started off great, his voice was so strong. Then it just descended into a mess. He was so obviously high and it just got boring - a big disappointment. Bottom line is he's a spoilt little rich boy.
Pretty much. I can empathise to an extent in that it must be annoying that whatever new stuff you bring out people just want to hear what you did 25 years ago but there’s the option there to just not do it.

Paul McCartney still does it so just get fucked if you can’t at least pretend to be interested.

Am done with pixies too tbh. It was made very apparent to me recently when I went to see John grant in a theatre that a good gig is a two way thing the crowd feeds off the band and vice versa. In the theatre the crowd couldn’t stand up (had no booze!) so couldn’t show any appreciation.

I’ve no problem with bands who don’t say anything it’s not always about that but pixies can go fuck themselves, they give absolutely nothing back. Saw them supporting arcade fire a few years back and as they started playing debaser frank b broke a string and instead of grabbing one of the other 50 guitars he had back there he said were gonna take that as a sign to finish early. They’re just a money grabbing exercise now.

They were one of my favourite bands and there was a time I thought I’d never get to see them live at all. I did loads thankfully but I won’t again.

Last edited:
Ha, will I didn’t even know that. As said before, I pay a few quid a month to have it released to all streaming sites etc. That must be in with the fee.
I’ll have to contact them about a bio etc. See what the craic is.

You’re selling yourself short my friend ;)
I think it’s just like a wiki that anyone can update

The page has been created automatically by someone listening on one of the streaming sites

Editors - enjoyed that, but I’m biased as a) I like them and b) I’m an editor. Pretty much an exercise is doing what Bloc Party did with Silent Alarm and Intimacy - post punk guitar band gets someone to add beats to their recent album.

Patience - liked this as well - wasn’t what I was expecting at all. Very 80s synth pop. Am I misremembering Veronica Falls? Had it in my head that they were more shoegaze/indie..?

Editors - enjoyed that, but I’m biased as a) I like them and b) I’m an editor. Pretty much an exercise is doing what Bloc Party did with Silent Alarm and Intimacy - post punk guitar band gets someone to add beats to their recent album.

Patience - liked this as well - wasn’t what I was expecting at all. Very 80s synth pop. Am I misremembering Veronica Falls? Had it in my head that they were more shoegaze/indie..?

Veronica Falls were very poppy. And great.

Back