New Music Releases Thread

So going by this post you appear to be judging a whole genre based off what you hear in the charts then?
is it not just some blokes talking like? Ive nee idea what is or isnt in the charts nowadays so have no concept of whether this stormzy lad is popular or not. I have heard him like,and it was indeed just a bloke talking by my ears. Fair play to people who like it, but personally i'd rather eat my own shite.

I thought Kano's album was one of the best of last year, really. You need to open your mind a little. There is good and bad in most genres.

Great song - listen to it till the end.

Each to their own marra but that's awful, and the typical "black" music I was referring to when saying I don't like it. Some of those lyrics as well man, "pum-pum-pum-pum" are horrendous. (all in my opinion of course)

Each to their own marra but that's awful, and the typical "black" music I was referring to when saying I don't like it. Some of those lyrics as well man, "pum-pum-pum-pum" are horrendous. (all in my opinion of course)
It was brilliant on Jools with proper brass and steel drums - they can carry it off live. As for lyrics - if you listen they reflect their lives, its what is going on in a lot of Britain - preferable to the posh boy whining that you, no doubt, like. But each to his own.

It was brilliant on Jools with proper brass and steel drums - they can carry it off live. As for lyrics - if you listen they reflect their lives, its what is going on in a lot of Britain - preferable to the posh boy whining that you, no doubt, like. But each to his own.

Post boy whining?

Like I said marra, each to their own, but for the most part I find that type of music appalling.

is it not just some blokes talking like? Ive nee idea what is or isnt in the charts nowadays so have no concept of whether this stormzy lad is popular or not. I have heard him like,and it was indeed just a bloke talking by my ears. Fair play to people who like it, but personally i'd rather eat my own shite.

I don't mind Stormzy but he isn't a very good rapper and grime is a fairly boring sub genre of hip hop I think anyway, I don't really understand why he's so huge to be honest. Find the hype a bit weird if I'm honest. Most of the charts stuff is generally different what to what you'd hear on rap album though, might be one or two radio friendly tracks with a catchy chorus like you said. Happens on most albums in music anyway though.

But when you said it's just a load of blokes talking, surely you could just say that for anyone who's singing then? Every rapper's different in the same way every singer's different. The difference between rappers is generally all about how they sound. Their voice, how well they flow and deliver over the beat in terms of speed, rhymes, syllables per bar and length of the sentence etc. I'll give you an example of a song with rappers being completely different in it but from your posts I have a sneaking suspicion you don't like rap and don't care :lol:;) all four verses on this track are completely different just as a quick example.

Completely understand why people wouldn't like rap though. Wasn't really into it at all until I listened to Kendrick Lamar's second album in 2013 but I played that on repeat for months, one of my favourite types of music now probably.

For the younger poster, that new Calvin Harris/frank ocean/migos song is class. Not the usual edm shite Harris usually produces

Sun Kil Moon :lol: :lol: Benji was a good album and Red House Painters were good, but what the fuck is that?

Of others
Ryan Adams - still hasn't grown on me, don't hate it but don't love it
Los Campesinos - its LC by numbers really. It's ok. But they haven't progressed into anything remotely good. Still fun live
Son Volt - like it a lot
Peter Silberman - I'm with @James on this. Guff
CYHSY! - boy have they regressed since the debut. Used to love them and will go and see them at Village Underground. But that's a poor album
Dutch Uncles - again, agree with @James its just meh
King Gizzard - excellent obviously. Because they are just mint
Animal Collective - despite initial scepticism I really love the EP

For what should have been a cracking few weeks, I think it's been a big let down sadly

Sun Kil Moon :lol: :lol: Benji was a good album and Red House Painters were good, but what the fuck is that?

Of others
Ryan Adams - still hasn't grown on me, don't hate it but don't love it
Los Campesinos - its LC by numbers really. It's ok. But they haven't progressed into anything remotely good. Still fun live
Son Volt - like it a lot
Peter Silberman - I'm with @James on this. Guff
CYHSY! - boy have they regressed since the debut. Used to love them and will go and see them at Village Underground. But that's a poor album
Dutch Uncles - again, agree with @James its just meh
King Gizzard - excellent obviously. Because they are just mint
Animal Collective - despite initial scepticism I really love the EP

For what should have been a cracking few weeks, I think it's been a big let down sadly

Agree with 70% of that. Enjoyed Pete Silberman and, prior to this album, I though Benji was probably my least favourite Sun Kil Moon album.

Well it's not like I avoid it. I just find it to be mainly crap, barring the odd few. I'd happily listen to some good music should it be highlighted.

I've listed to loads of Kanye West, and whilst many love him, I continue to find him atrocious. (mentioning him as he is the most obvious big hitter of today).

:lol:

As noted before, you're missing out on loads of cracking stuff.

:lol:

As noted before, you're missing out on loads of cracking stuff.

Still happy for people to point me in the directions of any good stuff. I've tried the offerings thus far, and thought they were crap, and that includes what one person said is the best hip hop album of all time. What you got for me in the way of good "Black music" marra?

Still happy for people to point me in the directions of any good stuff. I've tried the offerings thus far, and thought they were crap, and that includes what one person said is the best hip hop album of all time. What you got for me in the way of good "Black music" marra?

That was possibly me recommending 'illmatic' by Nas. If you don't enjoy that then it's probably not worth persevering any further tbh. At least you gave it a try!

Back