New livery scamera vans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be two invisible junctions near the layby in question and also on the bank itself. Silly me.
The vans in question wait exactly where people speed up. The accidents do not occur there, they are further back. Anyone would think they are just looking for speeders in the most obvious (and very safe parts), rather than being a visible presence on the worst sections of the road.

If you break the speed limit you can't complain if you get caught.

For once spreadsheet boy is right

Surely if you are travelling at or below the speed limit there is no reason to look up to the sky to spot the next set of cameras

If I drive below the limit it creates more problems, IE road rage and even worse traffic flow. I'll have a whole load of angry drivers up my backside who cannot safely overtake because of the speed trap.

If you break the speed limit you can't complain if you get caught.

You can when the limits are stupid or have recently been lowered for no other reason, than to generate income.
I take no issue with safety. I do with our arsehole government and subsequently, police forces squeezing every last penny from us for no reason.

If I drive below the limit it creates more problems, IE road rage and even worse traffic flow. I'll have a whole load of angry drivers up my backside who cannot safely overtake because of the speed trap.

Or if you do set your cruise control to 49-50 GPS, that doesn't work either, as most are doing 10 below, bricking it in case they get 'caught' for doing nowt wrong in the first instance.

I stick to speed limit or below purely to keep the running costs down,mpg, wear and tear etc(no company car these days). However we all know these cameras and their sneaky locations have fuck all to do with safety, its purely a money making exercise. The tech is there,all sat navs, black boxes etc know the speed limits of the road you're on and many cars have a limiter switch so if safety is so important then why aren't the police/government pushing for all cars having a black box as standard? Too much money involved

If you are driving below the limit then why can't they overtake?

A speed limit is exactly that, a limit, it's not a target

Which part of the A690 exactly? Happy to go through DFT records and tell you how many accidents there have been on that stretch.

It's hard to be caught speeding if you don't speed mind. Motorists should bear that in mind. Mistakes happen of course - I've certainly sped by accident and would have been gutted to have got caught but it was my own fault for not paying enough attention.
I must be OCD as whenever I enter that bit from the Doxy international roundabout I set cruise to 50. Same with the 30 stretch from Shiney Row to Board Inn (cruise at 30 that is). Dull but safe;)

You can when the limits are stupid or have recently been lowered for no other reason, than to generate income.
I take no issue with safety. I do with our arsehole government and subsequently, police forces squeezing every last penny from us for no reason.

Or if you do set your cruise control to 49-50 GPS, that doesn't work either, as most are doing 10 below, bricking it in case they get 'caught' for doing nowt wrong in the first instance.

Cameras don't generate income if people don't break the speed limit, it's not a difficult concept

Cameras don't generate income if people don't break the speed limit, it's not a difficult concept

So take the one going down Houghton Cut, lets all sit on the brakes and drop it into 3rd, raise NOx levels for the kiddies living in the houses alongside the road.
Sounds great(!) At least it will keep everyone below 50. We will save and shorten lives in one fell swoop!

Just keep the road at a 70mph limit, it is perfectly safe.
You will never win this argument, cos motorists are sick to the back teeth of scamera vans hiding in places where they know people will stray over the lmits.

Fuck only knows how we would be anally raped if the camera revenue stopped.
Do you not think the motorist is overly persecuted and treated like a criminal in waiting?

If you are driving below the limit then why can't they overtake?

A speed limit is exactly that, a limit, it's not a target

Some people do overtake, I've seen cars drive into speed traps at a rate that would put Lewis Hamilton to shame.

I'm not bothered if the cameras catch them types but it's normal drivers who they target also.

So take the one going down Houghton Cut, lets all sit on the brakes and drop it into 3rd, raise NOx levels for the kiddies living in the houses alongside the road.
Sounds great(!) At least it will keep everyone below 50. We will save and shorten lives in one fell swoop!

You will never win this argument, cos motorists are sick to the back teeth of scamera vans hiding in places where they know people will stray over the lmits.

Do you not think the motorist is overly persecuted and treated like a criminal in waiting?

People straying over limits are breaking the law.
No, people breaking the law are not overly persecuted

People straying over limits are breaking the law.
No, people breaking the law are not overly persecuted

:lol: You must be on the clock atm, or you are a brainwashed robot.
No reply to my comment on raised pollution, when we are forced to adhere to these often OTT limits? Thought not.

But that is only half of the story.

I would rather be pulled over by a traffic cop than flashed by a speed camera any day.

In my experience when you get pulled by a cop, they can take you and the situation into consideration,

Get flashed by a camera and all of that is out of the window. The former is genuine policing in my opinion.

There's been loads of accidents on that bend and I mean loads, at 1 point there was one every weekend for a month.

There's been loads of accidents on that bend and I mean loads, at 1 point there was one every weekend for a month.

I see someone wiped out one of the lampposts a few months back. Not seen anything else.

What about the A1, then? Reduced to 50 for road works and then the 50 limit remained. a very safe road and in some place, 5 lanes wide!
At least it doesn't seem camera'd atm, so you can easily hit three figures after the rush hour @duff_man

I'm all for the police making money from people breaking the law tbh.

First bus wanker of the thread?

Don't be f***ing stupid man.going down the cut at 50 in 3rd? There's 2 sharp bends bottom of the cut, no need to be hitting them at 70.multiple accidents on the A690 over the years.stoneygate, west rain ton cross overs.if it's 70, people think it's fine to do 80plus.no chance for drivers crossing to see ya at 80.
It's 50 for a good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back