New livery scamera vans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything on here about these?

Logon or register to see this image

Apparently this one was on St Marks road today, they have vinyl over the rear windows and have 'night vision'.

Fuck off with the "speed kills" shite, cos when they are lurking on the A690 on a perfectly safe stretch with no slip roads or crossings, waiting to pounce on you for doing 55mph, I will never believe it is in the name of 'safety'.

Also, seeing as they say Police etc all over them now, surely that means that civilians cannot operate them any more?

The poor f***ing motorist, getting fisted once again, this time by something that looks like it should be carrying UPVC windows.

Is there anything on here about these?

Apparently this one was on St Marks road today, they have vinyl over the rear windows and have 'night vision'.

Fuck off with the "speed kills" shite, cos when they are lurking on the A690 on a perfectly safe stretch with no slip roads or crossings, waiting to pounce on you for doing 55mph, I will never believe it is in the name of 'safety'.

Also, seeing as they say Police etc all over them now, surely that means that civilians cannot operate them any more?

The poor f***ing motorist, getting fisted once again, this time by something that looks like it should be carrying UPVC windows.

Which part of the A690 exactly? Happy to go through DFT records and tell you how many accidents there have been on that stretch.

It's hard to be caught speeding if you don't speed mind. Motorists should bear that in mind. Mistakes happen of course - I've certainly sped by accident and would have been gutted to have got caught but it was my own fault for not paying enough attention.

Real police work is redundant these days. Just desk jockeys and speed traps.

It's a shocking indictment imo there, Mac m8. :(

Which part of the A690 exactly?

The dual carrigeway between Stoneygate and Houghton Cut. They are often hiding in the layby.
They can't make the same arguments for safety there as they did for the original 50 stretch up by Rainton.

I know the 690 goes right through to the town and Willington etc, but I'm not on about that bit.

Which part of the A690 exactly? Happy to go through DFT records and tell you how many accidents there have been on that stretch.

It's hard to be caught speeding if you don't speed mind. Motorists should bear that in mind. Mistakes happen of course - I've certainly sped by accident and would have been gutted to have got caught but it was my own fault for not paying enough attention.

Save your spreadsheets.
If they claim it is for safety, why attempt to be more covert? It is to generate revenue, and that is it.

When they are on overpasses and clock you for daring to be over the 70 limit, you are dangerous would-be-killer scum, yet we had government wanting to raise the limit to 80mph, not so long ago.
I dunno about your little shit box, but most stuff is more than capable of safely travelling (and stopping from) 80-90 mph on modern dual carrigeways.

Wankers.

Last edited:

The dual carrigeway between Stoneygate and Houghton Cut. They are often hiding in the layby.
They can't make the same arguments for safety there as they did for the original 50 stretch up by Rainton.

I know the 690 goes right through to the town and Willington etc, but I'm not on about that bit.

Save your spreadsheets.
If they claim it is for safety, why attempt to be more covert? It is to generate revenue, and that is it.

When they are on overpasses and clock you for daring to be over the 70 limit, you are dangerous would-be-killer scum, yet we had government wanting to raise the limit to 80mph, not so long ago.
I dunno about your little shit box, but most stuff is more than capable of safely travelling (and stopping from) 80-90 mph on modern dual carrigeways.

Wankers.

Is this the same stretch of road on which there was a fatality in September 2015? Cluster of accidents at the staggered junction at Stoney Gate too. Easy to see why they'd choose to enforce there.

Is this the same stretch of road on which there was a fatality in September 2015? Cluster of accidents at the staggered junction at Stoney Gate too. Easy to see why they'd choose to enforce there.

Someone drove into a lamppost at some stage, probably that. This is after the junction, like I said.
'Enforce'. Have a f***ing word, man.

We get fleeced for the most minor of things.

Save your spreadsheets.

Wankers.

Calm down, calm down.

Enforce is the word they use mate. Seems to be a last resort round my way. Don't often see the vans. Can't remember the last time I did see one.

County Durham are or were one of two counties not to have any fixed cameras, and didn't seem too bad with the mobile shit, either, agreed.
I am on the edge of both counties, so you get both forces knocking about, when the Chief Inspector is after a new S Class.

Calm down, calm down.

:lol: Bus wanker?

:rolleyes:

Still not as bad as the average speed cameras they use on motorways. Vile creations.

Aye. If you don't have cruise control, I would argue they are dangerous. Hateful and needless.
Protecting the workforce is fair enough, but having to endure 30 miles of 50mph (if you are lucky) enforced limits when the works are gone and have been for ages, is a piss taking farce.

Save your spreadsheets.

Wankers.
This

Aye. If you don't have cruise control, I would argue they are dangerous. Hateful and needless.
Protecting the workforce is fair enough, but having to endure 30 miles of 50mph (if you are lucky) enforced limits when the works are gone and have been for ages, is a piss taking farce.

They are potentially very dangerous and a big distraction for drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back