New idea to stop car theft

This would then mean a huge decrease in annual premiums which the powers that be will not like

It's linked via blood, obviously. Thieves would have to cut your hand off

Another plus point. I am going to copywrite this idea ©️ as I should have done when I invented the milky bar kid nick name

I suggested a similar thing a while back to stop drink driving..get in the car..there's a tube you've got to blow in like a breathalyser..engine won't start if you're over..it's linked to your DNA so you can't get someone to do it for you..as a double whammy you could get in the car on a night when you're pissed..blow into the tube..the engine won't start so no one can pinch it..i'm still working on the finer details.

Is car theft such a big problem these day? I only know of one case in the last 5-10 years and that's when a gang broke into a friend's house to steal his car keys. Most modern cars are pretty theft-resistant.
I think it’s still pretty high - defo over 100,000 a year iirc. Range Rovers the most popular car to steal.
I suggested a similar thing a while back to stop drink driving..get in the car..there's a tube you've got to blow in like a breathalyser..engine won't start if you're over..it's linked to your DNA so you can't get someone to do it for you..as a double whammy you could get in the car on a night when you're pissed..blow into the tube..the engine won't start so no one can pinch it..i'm still working on the finer details.
Would need the drug test as well - the thing to scrape your tongue.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t bother, it already exists.

Hers one. Turn ignition, digital display asks you to type in your weight in pounds or kilos.
Anything more than 3 pounds out and car will not start.

Obviously you've already pre-added yours and any other drivers weight.

Added advantage of making a large % of the population weight conscious.

Just had an idea.
Make all cars start only by inputting a card which shows the driver has a licence and is insured. Like a slot in place of the ignition

Would stop all car stealing overnight. Plus people driving not insured or who haven’t passed their test.

Still working on the finer details but at work atm.
Would be hacked in a heartbeat.

So people want breathalysers, DNA sequencers and analysers, drug testing systems, fingerprint analysers and facial recognition in cars.

Cars are gonna cost a fortune and you're gonna need a week to start them, not to mention the data protection issues.

Last edited:
Amazingly the government did have a plan to create national ID cards which would have made ideas like this straight forward and practical

But loads of people shit their pants about it, David Cameron scrapped it due to concerns about the Government creating central databases, and then a few weeks after it was scrapped the government gave a contract to Experian to do exactly that

Is car theft such a big problem these day? I only know of one case in the last 5-10 years and that's when a gang broke into a friend's house to steal his car keys. Most modern cars are pretty theft-resistant.
Might not be the 80/90s levels where any tramp could break in and hot wire but it's definitely on a massive rise since keyless entry was introduced. 130,000 cars got nicked last year and that's a lot. They are easier to nick than ever but they just need the right device

Might not be the 80/90s levels where any tramp could break in and hot wire but it's definitely on a massive rise since keyless entry was introduced. 130,000 cars got nicked last year and that's a lot. They are easier to nick than ever but they just need the right device
Do Range rovers and the more commonly stolen cars have esims and GPS that can be accessed by the owners phone built in like a lot of EVs?

Back