new Greek holiday tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

:lol: Maybe I was right all along then. I just remember us having to keep some money aside for it I think.
Probably just depends on place staying. Paid it everywhere else I've been last few years. If it helps Greece out I've no problem with paying it.

just been on to TUI. they don't know is the answer
searching around some companies add it in to cost some don't. TUI don't

Hope this is accurate

Apartments (all categories): 0.50 Euros per room per night
Hotels:
1-2 star: 0.50 Cents per room per night
3 star: 1.50 Euros per room per night
4 star: 3.00 Euros per room per night
5 star: 4.00 Euros per room per night

so self catering is looking like 7euros for two weeks. I can live with that

as weve been before the accommodation has a ceiling fan and room safe is free, so still quids in

it was pavorottis overnight stay tax that opened everything up on google. cheers lads
Been to Halkiduki in June with TUI and paid no tax either on arrival or leaving hotel,presume it was included in the original holiday price.

I’ve done this for a few places now, Turkey has had a one off payment for years, I’m sure I paid tax for New York also, we should start this and help fund our beloved NHS
£10 a visitor, wouldn’t put people off, but will rake in a few quid

A lot of places have “City Tax” or something like that, City Tax is worse as it isn’t set by the government but by the city.
I think it was Bristol that was thinking of this. local business was not amused.
turkey was classed as a visitors visa at 10 euros IIRC. we paid that on the ferry to turkey

Been to Halkiduki in June with TUI and paid no tax either on arrival or leaving hotel,presume it was included in the original holiday price.
that's why I am surprised that the girl knew not a lot as it would be a lot easier for tui to include the tax in their fees and hand it over to the owner. more accountable that way as well.

Last edited:
Very brief moment of panic swept through me when I saw the thread title (looking to get booked up there for mid/late September, left it late to get booked this year due to family circumstances with my lasses family), seems like nowt new, few extra quid is reasonable.

Very brief moment of panic swept through me when I saw the thread title (looking to get booked up there for mid/late September, left it late to get booked this year due to family circumstances with my lasses family), seems like nowt new, few extra quid is reasonable.
waiting for it to be confirmed that in self catering its e3.50 a week which agreed is nowt.

the tax on meals in tavernas is a bit more hurtful at 23%. we eat greek food so tend to be at the lower end of the price spectrum.

we still love it and I really look forward to eating out in Greece, whereas totally not bothered in the uk.

No I thank you for brexit, not for tourist tax but the possibility of visa's and longer waiting at the airport
I’ve just returned from holiday and the non Europe waiting time for passport control was lots shorter than the eu one. And it was an eu holiday too. The Aussie couple on the plane did the visa thing on the plane and cleared the airport faster than we did. It’s not going to be an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back