New bar down Sunniside

Status
Not open for further replies.

You get in The Railway, don't you? Who is 'Buster Dodge Pot' as graffitied round the corner?
I don't get in the Railway mate I just look after the bandits in there.Ill find out though who buster is .

Canny place, decent subtle decor and a nice feel about it. Motown and stax music music. Beer selection limited at the moment but will hopefully be more varied. A smart place in the right part of town.
7/10 so far but can only see improvement :cool:

Plus points.

Quite a decent size bar with essentially 2 large rooms with 2x bars and plenty of seating and standing space. Music is ok and ambience is also decent.

Negatory

Same shite drinks as sams bar, coast to coast ale which is utter guff and theakstons perculiar which again is guff. Also the owners wife is a bit of a misery.

Yeah, I'll rarely have an IPA from a can in a pub if I can help it. They sit there ages and the hops fade.

Sunderland clearly needs a lambic/geuze bar where bottles can and should be served.

Isis has a decent selection of ales, it's a Head of Steam pub. The Dun Cow was head of steam until recently but still does a good selection of beers.

Plus points.

Quite a decent size bar with essentially 2 large rooms with 2x bars and plenty of seating and standing space. Music is ok and ambience is also decent.

Negatory

Same shite drinks as sams bar, coast to coast ale which is utter guff and theakstons perculiar which again is guff. Also the owners wife is a bit of a misery.

I don't mind that Coast to Coast. Sams does a canny pint of Guinness from what I remember. And also a couple for generic Craft Beer bottles. As long as they sell something that's not Carling/Fosters/strongbow/John smiths then it's fine with me

Isis has a decent selection of ales, it's a Head of Steam pub. The Dun Cow was head of steam until recently but still does a good selection of beers.

Possibky the Peacock/derry and the new place opposite the dun cow will sell a decent range too. The Vaults always has a decent spread of Craft Beer bottles in the fridges, 3 hand pull real ales and Swedish Blonde on draft

Possibky the Peacock/derry and the new place opposite the dun cow will sell a decent range too. The Vaults always has a decent spread of Craft Beer bottles in the fridges, 3 hand pull real ales and Swedish Blonde on draft
It's going to be run by Ember Inns apparently, as is my local. if that is anything to go by it will have decent range of drinks, traditional real ales and wines but only a few cans of craft beers in a fridge.

Good news.

Next to Swinton Insurance I believe, Frederick Street I think.

No good having a massive place of there is only a small number getting down there, Sams bar is pretty small, get a few in and it seems buzzing.
Was in there on Friday night and it was full and lively - as was the gin bar earlier in the evening. Then went along to Justice and the bugger was empty. :lol: Musta done the 'route' the wrong way round.

Was in there on Friday night and it was full and lively - as was the gin bar earlier in the evening. Then went along to Justice and the bugger was empty. :lol: Musta done the 'route' the wrong way round.
Justice is just badly run imo which is a shame. The wife behind the bar has zero people skills and they are often out of certain drinks. Should be a lot better than what it is.

Good news.

Justice never seems busy on a Friday, but usually rammed on a Saturday.

Justice is just badly run imo which is a shame. The wife behind the bar has zero people skills and they are often out of certain drinks. Should be a lot better than what it is.
I like Justice and I like Sean but the service in there is absolutely dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back