Netflix making us famous

How did this Brazilian receptionist know that Houghton Le Spring was anywhere near Sunderland??

How did this Brazilian receptionist know that Houghton Le Spring was anywhere near Sunderland??
Cos it says Sunderland in the passport. But I was actually born in Houghton
I have never once been asked to show a passport at a hotel in Ireland.

How dodgy do you look?
Stayed at this same hotel last week and was asked for my passport from a different receptionist

Last edited:
Checked into a hotel in Dublin tonight and the receptionist asked for my passport as normal.

She then said ‘Oh my god, you’re from Sunderland, I love them’. She went on to tell me that she was from Brazil, had seen STID on Netflix and fell in love with the team and the supporters.

She saw my season card when I got my credit card out and asked to hold it. I’ve never met anyone so excited when they found out where I’m from.

They usually hear ‘Sunderland’ and look at me blank.

I once met Jose Molina and his coaching staff in Kolkata. They saw my Sunderland shirt and said “you support Sunderland?”

“They are shit”

Checked into a hotel in Dublin tonight and the receptionist asked for my passport as normal.

She then said ‘Oh my god, you’re from Sunderland, I love them’. She went on to tell me that she was from Brazil, had seen STID on Netflix and fell in love with the team and the supporters.

She saw my season card when I got my credit card out and asked to hold it. I’ve never met anyone so excited when they found out where I’m from.

They usually hear ‘Sunderland’ and look at me blank.
/r/ThatHappened

Does it? Ah crap forgot that.

Kid due in July, North Tees hospital 10mins closer than Sunderland going from Hartlepool.

Going to have to change hospitals now like, poor bugger having boro or Stockton on passport for life.

Just leave it, my passport says Hartlepool for place of birth.... nothing too bad as ever has happened....

The cavity body searches will teach him/her strength/patience and increase their pain threshold...

Back