Netflix making us famous

Checked into a hotel in Dublin tonight and the receptionist asked for my passport as normal.

She then said ‘Oh my god, you’re from Sunderland, I love them’. She went on to tell me that she was from Brazil, had seen STID on Netflix and fell in love with the team and the supporters.

She saw my season card when I got my credit card out and asked to hold it. I’ve never met anyone so excited when they found out where I’m from.

They usually hear ‘Sunderland’ and look at me blank.
Get her bucked man 😋

Youtube browsing just put me on a couple of Ipswich bloggers (or whatever they're called) at the match and they kept going on about that documentary as well, looking forward to the second series.
Mad how well it went down. Speaking of which.....

Checked into a hotel in Dublin tonight and the receptionist asked for my passport as normal.

She then said ‘Oh my god, you’re from Sunderland, I love them’. She went on to tell me that she was from Brazil, had seen STID on Netflix and fell in love with the team and the supporters.

She saw my season card when I got my credit card out and asked to hold it. I’ve never met anyone so excited when they found out where I’m from.

Didn.t happen!

I have never even looked at my passport hard enough to know that, I’m looking tomorrow to see where I was born

In a field mate - shut the feckin door for Christ's sake.
Whatever you think about the documentary we have to realise that netflix is a massive global platform and we should be proud that our club is on it

Speshly if you're shag ratio is up.
Do passports have Sunderland on?

Mine says Krypton.

Last edited:
My friend in the Cotswolds has watched it, she has no interest in football but her comments were brilliant

"That game v Celtic, devastating"

"Flip chart manager, what's his name, what a bore,he should be flop chart manager really"

"I didn't realise when I went to that football thing how important Reid was(she met him at a do had no idea who he was) sent her prem passions clip

"Deary me how did you manage to go through all that in real life. I'm drained watching it 😥"

"That's why I'm the person iam 😀

"Explains a lot. .

Cheeky mare
Another winger not respecting the rules....

Asked to hold your season ticket? Aye, Roald Dahl, of course she did.

Back