NEPL T20 Finals Day

Plenty of local lads few year back now not so sure

Price of chasing success I guess

Huge amounts of money being spent in that NEPL1 now, I would think more being spent across the board there than in the Premier League.

It’s good to see clubs showing ambition and wanting to get into the top league of the regional pyramid but I agree with BatEleven - always worry what state the club would be left in if the money did dry up or the aim of promotion isn’t achieved.

Good luck to Brandon mind, hope they do achieve their target of promotion - beaten top division sides in a couple of comps now this year so worth their place!

Would have liked to have seen Brandon win, good set of lads to be fair. South North were very good when we played them in the semis.

Huge amounts of money being spent in that NEPL1 now, I would think more being spent across the board there than in the Premier League.

It’s good to see clubs showing ambition and wanting to get into the top league of the regional pyramid but I agree with BatEleven - always worry what state the club would be left in if the money did dry up or the aim of promotion isn’t achieved.

Good luck to Brandon mind, hope they do achieve their target of promotion - beaten top division sides in a couple of comps now this year so worth their place!

Yes, had some good years watching my son play at Brandon and made some good friends only one person spoilt the club but we have moved on from that.

Few years back we had very strong junior teams with a good few of the lads playing first and seconds. Looks like priorities have moved on as I don't see many local lads as being big contributors and many either don't now play or have moved on.

To be fair the local lads probably weren't of the top notch standard they now require suppose it's about where you want to go as a club and what you can afford

Good luck to them anyway as they still have a few lads left from our day and I always look out for their result

Rushy didn’t play either lads.

Scorecard - North East Premier League

I really pleased as honestly think that would be unfair on Brandon.

They could have worked hard to get to the semi final, only for Rushworth to turn up for ONE game for Chester and knock them out.

Me personally I don’t think a Durham player should play in the latter stages on a club cricket tournament unless played in a earlier round.

I really pleased as honestly think that would be unfair on Brandon.

They could have worked hard to get to the semi final, only for Rushworth to turn up for ONE game for Chester and knock them out.

Me personally I don’t think a Durham player should play in the latter stages on a club cricket tournament unless played in a earlier round.

He's registered as CLS's Durham player for this season, and has played a league game for them. Brandon have a Durham contracted player themselves in Ryan Pringle.

He's registered as CLS's Durham player for this season, and has played a league game for them. Brandon have a Durham contracted player themselves in Ryan Pringle.

This is my view really, Brandon have had the fortune of Pringle quite a bit this season - but obviously that’s bad for Ryan because it means he’s not getting a go for Durham. That’s the risk you take signing a Durham player, I think when they got Ryan they had the option of Arshad who probably would’ve suited them better at that time, but it appeared he would feature more in the Durham side so would be available less. As it turned out, Pringle had a good run in the Durham side and they didn’t see much of him. He’s a great lad though, always gave 100% and was great in the dressing room - so he was asked back and still comes back.

I think the Brandon lads would feel the same way as me too if Rushy was able to play, that’s fair enough IMO, they’d have probably relished the challenge.

Each to their own i guess but I think it’s unfair top class players turning up for one off games especially in the latter stages of a tournament.

I'm surprised there is no eligibility rule there.

Had rushy played for CLS and they won the tournament he would not have been eligible in the regional and national stages that South North will now go on to represent the NEPL in. Same with Brandon and Pringle.

Believe the Benwell Hill overseas from South Africa wouldn’t have been eligible either but not 100% as think it depends on playing status back home and I don’t know enough about his background unfortunately.

Back