Ned Eckersley

Hopefully the bloke will turn into the second coming of Alec Stewart - but signing* a Leicestershire reject seems a hell of a gamble at present.

Mind, his first class stats are more than serviceable - averaging 32 and 14 centuries to his name - batting at 7.

*I know we haven’t signed him yet.

To be fair as well, I think he used to bat 4/5 for Leicestershire so will have scored most of them hundreds higher up.

Record is fine but do we need him with Richardson and Poynter?

Assuming Poynter not available?

What it appears unfortunately is that we have three keepers and neither of them are particularly strong at batting whilst they’ve also got the burden of the gauntlets.

To be fair as well, I think he used to bat 4/5 for Leicestershire so will have scored most of them hundreds higher up.

Indeed, a quick look at his time there and he batted everywhere between 4 and 7.

Last edited:
Record is fine but do we need him with Richardson and Poynter?

Assuming Poynter not available?
They are both shite and shouldnt be anywhere near the team imo. Given the depth of batting we have in the lower order i’d happily give him the gloves in the limited over stuff at the very least.

Rico just scored 100 though?

Rico a better one day player than 4

He undoubtedly is. He scored more runs in the Royal London 50 overs (392) than he did in 10 Championship games (377) last season.

Cant see where Eckersley would fit in to the side unless he opens instead of Clark or maybe replaces Burham and then plays some of the flamboyant shots that led to his dismissal against Sussex.

Back