Ned Eckersley

Earlier in his career his average was nearly 50 but has deteriorated rapidly in recent years. He should be at his peak at 29 year old. If both he and Lees can regain past standards we have 2 very handy signings. Big if though.

Poynter is playing for Ireland so, assuming he does well, we will be seeing less of him. Eckersley offers a like-for-like replacement.

Wish we had more local talent about

Is there nobody in the leagues good enough who has been in an around Durham, like Rushy etc

Or is the standard miles off?

Ryan Davies was 2nd team w-k last season. Jarvis Clay was touted a few years ago but didn't kick on and was playing for the Lyons in the NEPL. Don't know of any up and coming wickies.

Ryan Davies was 2nd team w-k last season. Jarvis Clay was touted a few years ago but didn't kick on and was playing for the Lyons in the NEPL. Don't know of any up and coming wickies.

Cheers

just in general, production seems to have slowed slightly, maybe I am being harsh though to be fair

I am pleased Raine is back

Just don't want us to go away from what I loved so much about Durham, which is local talent. I understand the ECB fucked is over and put us back years, so maybe need to stabilise first.

Hopefully the bloke will turn into the second coming of Alec Stewart - but signing* a Leicestershire reject seems a hell of a gamble at present.

Mind, his first class stats are more than serviceable - averaging 32 and 14 centuries to his name - batting at 7.

*I know we haven’t signed him yet.

Last edited:
He was playing club cricket for Ealing (South Northumberland of the South East) in the Middlesex league going back a few years now. A fair few of their players tend to get picked up by counties hence how he ended up at Leicestershire. Like others have said started off really well but gone off the boil over the last season or two. I am unsure if he started off just as a batsman for them then was given the gloves which may have lead to his poor form.

Hopefully the bloke will turn into the second coming of Alec Stewart - but signing* a Leicestershire reject seems a hell of a gamble at present.

Mind, his first class stats are more than serviceable - averaging 32 and 14 centuries to his name - batting at 7.

*I know we haven’t signed him yet.

Record is fine but do we need him with Richardson and Poynter?

Assuming Poynter not available?

Poynter had about one good game last season

That 170 really saved his average, his batting was minging all season

So?

We don't need 3 keepers in the squad, its a waste of resources, which we don't have a lot of

Think with Poynter now making his test debut as well as being involved in the white ball squads, they must be making plans for him not being here.

Richardson’s form is very hot and cold, and with Ryan Davies leaving it may be they’ve targeted a keeper as without Poynter we only have Richardson.

Last edited:

Back