Nectar Card holders

Anyone here collect Avios and have have had any decent flights or upgrades from it? Or alternatively do you just trade them for Nectar points?

Haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been covered.

I used my avios to upgrade my flight from Newcastle to Heathrow to business and Heathrow to JFK from economy to economy plus.

Interestingly, if your flight down to London is business and even you just have an economy ticket on the next leg, your ticket still scans through to let you in the lounge (just give them the business leg one).

I used my avios to upgrade my flight from Newcastle to Heathrow to business and Heathrow to JFK from economy to economy plus.

Interestingly, if your flight down to London is business and even you just have an economy ticket on the next leg, your ticket still scans through to let you in the lounge (just give them the business leg one).
Booking london to texas or anywhere id presume, n added on newcastle flights was free, couldnt believe it!

Anyone here collect Avios and have have had any decent flights or upgrades from it? Or alternatively do you just trade them for Nectar points?

Haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been covered.
There's a decent (but slightly old) thread on avios points where a couple of posters got great flights, I have a stupid amount but don't want to just waste them in short haul flights but never get round to using them to go long haul so just keep increasing them.

There's a decent (but slightly old) thread on avios points where a couple of posters got great flights, I have a stupid amount but don't want to just waste them in short haul flights but never get round to using them to go long haul so just keep increasing them.
Yeah a long-haul upgrade is the best value use of avios. we used them to upgrade 2 premium economy tickets to business class last summer, which we'd never normally be able to afford to do. you have to pay extra in taxes but it's still a big saving compared to if you were just paying cash.

There's plenty of websites, insta/YouTubers with guides on how to spend them. Turning left for less and The points guy UK are a decent place to start if you want more info.

Yeah I’ve done that before. Had business from San Fransisco to Heathrow, but then only economy back to Newcastle and got in no bother.

Have you seen the offers on Qatar? Seem to get better value for you Avios on there.
Yeah I’ve got quite a lot so saving them for the right time.

Double up points is canny, eg if you got £10 worth of points, you can double up and get a £20 voucher. You only got a month to spend in Sainsbury’s tho

Double up was canny yesterday, used £30s worth of points(doubled to £60) and a £12 off if we spent £120. So got £72 off the gear we bought. Got another £40 double up voucher to use as well.

At one point a few years ago now , I have 150K+ Avios and really struggled to get a full return flight . I had enough point but found BA limited the number of seats that could be booked purely with Avios . Used them instead on short hotel breaks around the UK until the option on hotels dried up so shifted 80K to nectar who offer a much better range of hotel breaks

Just doubled up £40 to £80 so off to Sedgefield tomorrow (the Hartlepool one at Bishop Cuthbert is more like a local in terms of size )

Last edited:
At one point a few years ago now , I have 150K+ Avios and really struggled to get a full return flight . I had enough point but found BA limited the number of seats that could be booked purely with Avios . Used them instead on short hotel breaks around the UK until the option on hotels dried up so shifted 80K to nectar who offer a much better range of hotel breaks

Just doubled up £40 to £80 so off to Sedgefield tomorrow (the Hartlepool one at Bishop Cuthbert is more like a local in terms of size )
Mate someone on here pointed me to rewardflightfinder website. Absolute godsend!

So I can double up and get vouchers. Do I have to use the voucher in one go or can I use it as and when for example if I buy some random shite for a few quid, will it just keep deducting from the voucher until it's £0.00?

So I can double up and get vouchers. Do I have to use the voucher in one go or can I use it as and when for example if I buy some random shite for a few quid, will it just keep deducting from the voucher until it's £0.00?
Read the Ts & Cs.

You can only use each voucher once so if you’ve not used all the value you lose it. Can’t use it on spirits or 25% off 6 wine and can’t use 2 vouchers of same value in the same shop. I think they’re valid for 30 days.

Booking london to texas or anywhere id presume, n added on newcastle flights was free, couldnt believe it!
I was looking at ways to get to Florida and New York found that the flight from NCL to Orlando via Heathrow and JFK was actually cheaper than just booking Heathrow to JFK on its own.

On a separate point I wish they would put a flight on to Gatwick. Would make it so much easier to get all the connecting flights.

Last edited:
Read the Ts & Cs.

You can only use each voucher once so if you’ve not used all the value you lose it. Can’t use it on spirits or 25% off 6 wine and can’t use 2 vouchers of same value in the same shop. I think they’re valid for 30 days.
You can use it on the wine deal , we did on Wednesday . The deal on the wine is pretty good - any bottle over £6 is eligible

Back