NE hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn’t explain why other countries in Europe are locking down over Christmas. You can’t blame Boris for that so maybe there is more going on than any government can handle? Stop looking at things through the prism of your own bigotry and see what is actually happening.

but he's right, there were signs of things getting worse in North East then and concerns being raised. Thankfully things didn't get as bad as they could have been (yet), because the nightingales weren’t going to help.

i can’t believe anyone isn’t criticising the government after the shitshow we’ve seen far too often now

tbf though for the economy's sake they had to try and keep Christmas going in some form. I don't know what other EU countries do but we spend an absolute fortune on presents, Christmas food etc. If we locked down the month of December you would have killed retail outright and it wouldn't recover. For a lot of industries it would've been better being open December and shut the whole of January and Feb. Sadly it got too bad for the hospitality industry but for some pubs being shut during Jan and Feb and getting their staff paid probably isn't the end of the world they're usually dead months anyway. It's the same for retail everyone buys a fortune for Christmas then after that it's about staying alive for a few months it's why a lot of administrations tend to happen in January.

You don't realise how much damage you'd do closing shops and cancelling Christmas would've done to the economy. Yes looking at the high streets and how busy they are is shocking from a Covid point of view but you have to remember these same people are out spending money in shops thus keeping jobs for when this eventually does end. You have to look at it from both sides.

Also it's not just Tories at blame here Labour (Wales), SNP (Scotland) and the DUP (N. Ireland) have all followed the exact same route so Starmer can say all he wants but his own party in Wales is doing the exact same thing. Infact they had pubs open and the cases are worse there so... If he really wanted to prove a point he should be getting the Welsh party doing all the things he keeps mentioned and go look what Labour done in Wales, if you vote for us look we protect you etc but they're not.

Last edited:
That doesn’t explain why other countries in Europe are locking down over Christmas. You can’t blame Boris for that so maybe there is more going on than any government can handle? Stop looking at things through the prism of your own bigotry and see what is actually happening.
It didn’t take long before you had to resort to being your usual arrogant toss pot self did it . People were not conned into voting Conservative, they did it because Labour were full of people like you.

I'm not saying that everyone was conned

I'm saying that you, and the rest of the SMB sad boys got conned. Mugged

And that unless you get a grip you will keep on being mugged.

Soft touch

but he's right, there were signs of things getting worse in North East then and concerns being raised. Thankfully things didn't get as bad as they could have been (yet), because the nightingales weren’t going to help.

i can’t believe anyone isn’t criticising the government after the shitshow we’ve seen far too often now

Just point me to a government that has dealt with this disease. And don’t say New Zealand as they have dodged it by closing the doors and cutting themselves off from the rest of the world. Ditto Australia with Victoria. We don’t have that option as we all live too close together.

Sadly it got too bad for the hospitality industry but for some pubs being shut during Jan and Feb and getting their staff paid probably isn't the end of the world they're usually dead months anyway.

The Government could have got local authorities to traffic light pubs and restaurants based on the risk of transmission, and the measures they had taken to prevent contact

Small country pubs and restaurants with low numbers of tables and good prevention measures in place could have been green light. Busy city centre bars red light

In tier 1 all pubs and restaurants could be open. Tier 2 red light venues close, Tier 3 amber light venues close, Tier 4 everyone closes

This would allow some parts of the trade to continue, rather than kill the whole industry.

Sadly the Government are idiots and they are obsessed by centralising everythin

Think we can safely say that this is the most incompetent bunch of f***ing fucktards we have had ever running this country.

They haven't got a bloody clue and boris just wants to be liked. I've seen better leaders on a under 7 football team.

Yet loads on here voted for them and still back them.

Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back