NE Cases per 100k

Is that the one on canon park?
I drove past it earlier looked busy!

yeah that's recloated to canon park from just outside the town centre in middlehaven which is now closed. the new one is at the university just off borough road

couple just outside of boro as well, hemlington and thorntree

With a population of around 200,000 means 800 people are infected. The per 100,000 thing is just another number to use to put fear into people.

0.4% of population infected doesn’t sound as scary...
Then factor in those 800 could potentially infect another 1.3 people each. I get your point though, the stats haven't seemed to correlate all the way through this. I asked earlier why is the rate per 100k going up, but new cases seems to have levelled off weeks ago.

It’s not really. It’s just a commonly used tool to create comparable data.

It’s not, it’s a commonly used tool to let the stats say what the presenter wants them to say and mask the true impact.
Ripon with a population of 16,000 has recorded 19 new cases in the last 7 days.

This gives it a rate of 118 / 100000.

It doesn’t give you directly comparable numbers at all.

The figures it gives are skewed by the size of the area and population in that area.

Last edited:
Yep. Somebody who's hands have been in contact with the virus picks something up and puts it back down. Shortly after you pick it up and buy it.
Or the basket or shopping trolley is the source of contamination. .
Wash hands, sanitise going in the shop, sanitise coming out and don't touch your face.

Back