NE best place to live

3 years in Newcastle / Felling
10 years in Edmondsley
6 years near Chester-le-Street
few years away at uni
7 years in Kent
21 years in East Cambs

As soon as the youngest has fecked off we're washing up to Northumberland, can't wait, assuming we live that long.

10 years in Edmondsley
few years away at uni
7 years in Kent
21 years in East Cambs

As soon as the youngest has fecked off we're washing up to Northumberland, can't wait, assuming we live that long.
Which part Northumberland you fancy marra ?

Anywhere within a 20 mile radius of Wooler... except in Wooler.

(Was meant to be nashing, not washing)
So away from the coast where it’s mobbed -agree inland round villages fabulous
Borders I think would be worth a look too personally as I havnt spent any time there but presumably just like an extension of North Northumberland
Would expect you will get good “bang for your buck “compared to down south

So away from the coast where it’s mobbed -agree inland round villages fabulous
Borders I think would be worth a look too personally as I havnt spent any time there but presumably just like an extension of North Northumberland
Would expect you will get good “bang for your buck “compared to down south
I'm hoping to sell up, pay off what's left of the mortgage and have enough change to get a cottage up in Northumberland without needing a mortgage. So both downsizing and moving South to North.
Currently the prices are a bit cheaper there than here so long as Robson Green shuts his gob.

St Marks Road is the only answer, what with the cultural diversity and enrichment that comes hand in hand..
There's also an aldi, and some Thursdays they get curtains in the middle isle

Class mate, good to hear. Are you the fella that moved up SL way? Seem to remember you asking how bad the traffic got
Yes mate,thats me..live just oppo the industrial estate on stockton road, last few houses before the new ones going up beside Ryhope.Just round corner from what was Gooch's house.
Was unsure at first but love it, sea front is brilliant, right down on the harbour where the cafes/ gift shops are,you could be in Cornwall.
Had the dogs on the little beach with the metal staircase down to it..Cafes,pubs great..place has got the lot.
Big thumbs up for Seaham.

Last edited:
St Marks Road is the only answer, what with the cultural diversity and enrichment that comes hand in hand..
There's also an aldi, and some Thursdays they get curtains in the middle isle
Last time I was in Sunderland was for a friends funeral,massive change in that general area,lots of places to get your hair cut 😂

Yes mate,thats me..live just oppo the industrial estate on stockton road, last few houses before the new ones going up beside Ryhope.Just round corner from what was Gooch's house.
Was unsure at first but love it, sea front is brilliant, right down on the harbour where the cafes/ gift shops are,you could be in Cornwall.
Had the dogs on the little beach with the metal staircase down to it..Cafes,pubs great..place has got the lot.
Sssssh ffs. It’s still gonna be a few years before I start looking.

10 years in Edmondsley
few years away at uni
7 years in Kent
21 years in East Cambs

That was our plan, we ended up in North Yorkshire. House prices, especially on the coast once you get up as far as warkworth, were eye watering.

Class marra. That little beach is known locally as “the slope”

That was our plan, we ended up in North Yorkshire. House prices, especially on the coast once you get up as far as warkworth, were eye watering.
Yes I have heard from talking to friends and shop keepers I have got to know in Wooler that the house prices have gone up and up.
I'm going to smack Robson Green if I see him!!

Yes I have heard from talking to friends and shop keepers I have got to know in Wooler that the house prices have gone up and up.
I'm going to smack Robson Green if I see him!!
Might not be too bad further in land. We were looking to move in 2021 and the market was mental. Houses would sell within hours of going up for sale. As we were living in Cheshire lots of the viewings we booked in the week were gone by the weekend when we could travel up. Good luck, I hope you find somewhere you like. My only regret is that we aren't on the coast, the area (vale of York) is nice though.

Back