ND Filter shots

• Thread starter clockstand pie chuka
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I was looking at said this -

"1) According to the optics theorem, it is not recommended to apply this filter for wide angle lens (<24mm, 35mm film format equivalent).
2) Image quality may drop when focal length above"

Although that was a variable density one, dont know if same applies to a fixed density filter.

The Snockerty Friddle said:
The one I was looking at said this -

"1) According to the optics theorem, it is not recommended to apply this filter for wide angle lens (<24mm, 35mm film format equivalent).
2) Image quality may drop when focal length above"

Although that was a variable density one, dont know if same applies to a fixed density filter.

Yeah, that's what I've found, certainly when I crank up the stops. Fixed filters when sliding into something like a Cokin holder should be fine because they overlap the lens more??? I think? But then you lose the flexibility of the variable stop capability. If none of that makes sense feel free to ignore and ask a mod to ban my ass!

:lol:

Curiously it is photo 2 that has sealed his fate, and made me inform the death squad

Photo one is optical illusion wonkyism, which is a less serious offence, but an offence anyway

:lol:

Curiously it is photo 2 that has sealed his fate, and made me inform the death squad

Photo one is optical illusion wonkyism, which is a less serious offence, but an offence anyway

Haway what's the crack.?? Explain please ..

What he means is the horizon is not level. If shooting on sand and the water is lapping around your tripod legs, they always tend to sink into the sand. One of these helps to keep an eye that your camera is level, if you have not already got one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camera-Bubb...B4P6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1327088696&sr=8-3

Granted it was hard work as the ground was rocky but if I'm honest the horizon wasn't really my concern I was just testing the filter and it's effect's.1st time so purely experimental.

Granted it was hard work as the ground was rocky but if I'm honest the horizon wasn't really my concern I was just testing the filter and it's effect's.1st time so purely experimental.

Easily corrected afterwards if necessary with software mate. When up against the tide etc, I don't piss about with my set up as much. Nearly been caught out by the sea on a few occasions.

I was caught out a few times getting these shots knee deep in the drink once or twice :oops::lol:
I've got the software to correct it which I will do later on.

Imagine a shot combining wonkyism with HDR

A fate worse than a fate worse than death :)

Easily corrected afterwards if necessary with software mate. When up against the tide etc, I don't piss about with my set up as much. Nearly been caught out by the sea on a few occasions.

Adobe have kindly included code in CS5 that reports any use of the rotation tool to the secret police

................ and there I was thinking this was the sensible section of this board
:roll::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back