NBA

It's got to be this really hasn't it?
Every era has it's untouchable superstar & to compare them is almost impossible with advances in sport science, changes to the rules etc

I'm sure people with longer memories than me would say that Larry Bird & Wilt Chamberlain were better and have valid reasons for believing that.

very true. plus as I said earlier, the best raise their game to dominate the opposition so unless they played in the same era at their peaks comparing them is pointless. taking three years out of the sport to play another one then returning to still be the best is still pretty unique imo mind

tbf pretty much everyone seems to give huge sums to charity over there, something that American sports does well, perhaps it is just better publicized than in this country but it would be nice to know if/when footballers etc did huge amounts for chartibale causes so they don't just all seem like massive dicks.

yes the decision was a massive part of it, but also what it did to the nba, the birth of the so called super team era, his well publicized 'home coming' after Miami only now it seems like he'll be ditching Cleveland again anyhow.

nostalgia comes into anarl I guess, I'm sure if I was a bairn now I'd think LeBron was the best thing since sliced bread and Jordan was just someone no good until pippen come along
Fair enough, I respect your opinion. I agree that it's different era's and thus hard to make comparisons. I just think that as a complete basketball player Lebron is top of the tree. People will argue there's players with more killer mentality though, like Jordan and Kobe.

I'd have no problem with Lebron leaving Cleveland this year. He returned home and won the city its first Championship in over 50 years. He owes them nothing.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion. I agree that it's different era's and thus hard to make comparisons. I just think that as a complete basketball player Lebron is top of the tree. People will argue there's players with more killer mentality though, like Jordan and Kobe.

I'd have no problem with Lebron leaving Cleveland this year. He returned home and won the city its first Championship in over 50 years. He owes them nothing.

I agree with that, but why build up the fan fare of him returning like some sort of hero? wouldn't have been so bothered about Darren bent leaving if he'd just been the mercenary from day one instead of blabbing on about wanting to be a hero and emulate skp and blah blah. it's the disenguinious [sp?] lip service that I don't like.

not a fan of kobe, never have been.. forcing his way out of the team that drafted him before even entering the nba .. didn't help him being a laker as a suns fan but like with james there is no desputing his bball chops.

very true. plus as I said earlier, the best raise their game to dominate the opposition so unless they played in the same era at their peaks comparing them is pointless. taking three years out of the sport to play another one then returning to still be the best is still pretty unique imo mind

You need to stop bringing the baseball thing up, even Jordan would like everyone to forget that even happened. ;)

There may not have even been a Lebron (in the basketball sense) without MJ such was his influence I just think with how the game is now, the fact teams are so much better rather than throwing a few freaks out there alongside some truly good players, LeBron just has the edge in terms of ability. He doesn't touch him with regards to legendary status still though.

You need to stop bringing the baseball thing up, even Jordan would like everyone to forget that even happened. ;)

There may not have even been a Lebron (in the basketball sense) without MJ such was his influence I just think with how the game is now, the fact teams are so much better rather than throwing a few freaks out there alongside some truly good players, LeBron just has the edge in terms of ability. He doesn't touch him with regards to legendary status still though.

no different to the decision in terms of forgettability, however whilst he was no cop at baseball I think you can't argue that if he had stayed in the nba for those extra 3 years his list of achievements and obviously numbers etc would be even more bloated.

Imagine the reaction if Lebron fucked off to play American Football for 3 years :eek::lol:

"Lebron's running away"
"He's let his fans down"
"This is why he'll never be better than (insert name)"

:lol:

That last 30 seconds from LeBron last night was unreal, looked like he had cost them the game losing the ball trying to score, came back and blocked the winning basket, went straight down the other end and banged in the winner on the buzzer with a running jump shot for 3, regardless of what you think of him it was a moment of sporting magic on par with the things that Messi, Ronaldo, etc, turn out and we all go daft over. He's once again single handedly dragging an average Cavs team through the play-offs, like him or not the guy is a freak of nature, love watching players like him at the very peak of their sport and playing out of their skin!!!

Hoping the Celtics can close out their series this week!!!

That last 30 seconds from LeBron last night was unreal, looked like he had cost them the game losing the ball trying to score, came back and blocked the winning basket, went straight down the other end and banged in the winner on the buzzer with a running jump shot for 3, regardless of what you think of him it was a moment of sporting magic on par with the things that Messi, Ronaldo, etc, turn out and we all go daft over. He's once again single handedly dragging an average Cavs team through the play-offs, like him or not the guy is a freak of nature, love watching players like him at the very peak of their sport and playing out of their skin!!!

Hoping the Celtics can close out their series this week!!!
Showed just how average the rest of them are in game 6.

Looking forward to both game 7s in the East & after seeing the Bucks really restrict the Celtics it's got to be Raptors v 76ers for the final. Beyond that, it's got to be the West for the overall title.

Oh and come on you Bucks! (fear the dear etc <-- is that still as cringe worthy as I think it is?)

Can’t really argue with that mate.
I’d like to see the Rockets get past GSW.

LeBron should drag the Cavs to the finals though. He’s been tremendous all the way through these play offs

Cavs are 5/1 to win the finals like
I want the Rockets to get past GSW but can't see it unfortunately. They will have to play out their skin the whole series.

If it's Cavs v Rockets final I think the Cavs can win it all. I don't think they'll beat GSW though :neutral:

Cavs v Celtics game 1 tonight 8:30pm

Morris has been in the media saying he's the best player in the league bar Kawhi to guard Lebron :eek::lol: can't wait to see him get destroyed tonight.

Should be on bt sport but if not get a day pass for the Nba app

Cavs v Celtics game 1 tonight 8:30pm

Morris has been in the media saying he's the best player in the league bar Kawhi to guard Lebron :eek::lol: can't wait to see him get destroyed tonight.

Should be on bt sport but if not get a day pass for the Nba app

LeBron triple double coming up!!!

Aye it’s on BT Sport 2

Back