Name two underrated drummers (Not necessarily the best):

Craig Gill RIP. Inspiral carpets drummer and founder of Manchester music tours (Oasis, Smiths etc). Very under rated drummer - see live version of "She comes in the Fall" from 1990. Great bloke. Took his own life. Very sad story.
Awful story. Had severe tinnitus and it drove him to despair.

When I was in a band we done a gig with this American Funk band who have massive following around the world. The drummer, Daniel Farrugia, is an exceptional talent, tight as fuck.

Mind the audio on this clip is a bit loud (Turn it down) and not the best quality but the talent is there to been seen on this drum break.

Last edited:
Loved the middle of Resurrection Joe, which is I think the last thing he did with them.

I never ever used to rate Phil Rudd, I thought he was so basic UNTIL, I saw him live and the way he locked in with Cliff Williams and Malcolm Young it just clicked with me. Sometimes simple is best and his groove in AC/DC is unmatchable.
I love Phil Rudd. Absolutely immense. AC/DC never the same without him, try as Chris Slade or whoever might. Completely different animal with Phil in the group. He makes it all work. This is class...

"Inspiration". :cool: :lol:

Although not underrated at all, Neil Peart is rightly considered one of the all time greats. His technical ability, fills and chops as well as his inventiveness in pushing the boundaries are well documented.

Where he doesn`t seem to get credit is that he had the ability to be ultra flashy but he also knew when to hold back. He always played for the song. Sometimes drummers are all over the place adding so many unnecessary fills, I never got that with Peart. Also he didn`t half know when to lay down a simple groove when it was needed like on the opening to Tom Sawyer or the mid-section to The Camera Eye. So my vote for underrated drummer goes to Peart`s ability to hold back and lay down a groove, a side of his playing that gets overlooked in favour of his flashier technical side.

Although not underrated at all, Neil Peart is rightly considered one of the all time greats. His technical ability, fills and chops as well as his inventiveness in pushing the boundaries are well documented.

Where he doesn`t seem to get credit is that he had the ability to be ultra flashy but he also knew when to hold back. He always played for the song. Sometimes drummers are all over the place adding so many unnecessary fills, I never got that with Peart. Also he didn`t half know when to lay down a simple groove when it was needed like on the opening to Tom Sawyer or the mid-section to The Camera Eye. So my vote for underrated drummer goes to Peart`s ability to hold back and lay down a groove, a side of his playing that gets overlooked in favour of his flashier technical side.
As a rule drum solos are boring as batshit but in his case I always made an exception. I am of course very very biased when it comes to anything Rush.

Back