Name at least one thing the club has always been good at doing?

It’s like when we boo a player, they have a stormer, but when our lads get boo’d, they collapse. It’s inevitable!
Ha, ha, yes there haven't been too many of ours react well to booing. I think Billy Whitehurst was OK with it (not many would dare boo him anyway) as were Don Hutchison, Chris Maguire & possibly Cattermole. Maybe add Schwarz & Thome into the mix. And Bolton, Hinnigan, Todd & Watson.There will doubtless be others, but your general point stands.

Last edited:

If ‘always’ covers the entire history of the club, then SAFC has been an attractive employer/player destination until about the 1980s?

We enticed the best Scottish players for many of our best teams.
I'll take your word on it pre 80
I'm sure 70s and 80s the clubs seemed to trade players local to them non stop

The area always struggled to attract the foreign players

Pulling the wool over supporters eyes with the promise of stadium improvements when what really matters - the football - is going backwards fast.

Anyone who renews and willingly hands over cash before waiting to see the level of ambition wants their head looked at. Not saying don’t renew, but if they’re made to sweat a little at the slow uptake they’d sharp change their ways

Last edited:
We've always produced good football league players of varying quality.

My time seems stacked, Hendo, Colback and Pickford primarily Prem, but beyond that Hourihane, Egan, Maja, Stryjek, Mumba, etc.

Ending managers careers.

Can't think of many (and we've had quite a few to choose from in recent years alone!) that ever moved on from us to greatness.

Odd ones had career's after us at a higher level (inexplicably including David Moyes) but most never seem to recover after leaving us.

Last edited:

Back