Name at least one thing the club has always been good at doing?

This - absolutely f**king 100% this. Been happening regularly since I started going in the mid-70’s and hasn’t stopped since.
In the bad old days before I realised the error of my ways, I smoked tabs. There were various brands of matches available, including Swan Vestas, Ship, Lion England's Glory & Three Torches. Ironically, I think it was England's Glory, on the inner tab of which was printed the words: The Striker's Friend. And that was my little joke about us & chiefly our defences. It's uncanny how often this would happen (and still does).

Staying in business
Being viable in a national league in an area traditionally no one would come to .
Sensible season ticket prices
If ‘always’ covers the entire history of the club, then SAFC has been an attractive employer/player destination until about the 1980s?

We enticed the best Scottish players for many of our best teams.

Last edited:
In the bad old days before I realised the error of my ways, I smoked tabs. There were various brands of matches available, including Swan Vestas, Ship, Lion England's Glory & Three Torches. Ironically, I think it was England's Glory, on the inner tab of which was printed the words: The Striker's Friend. And that was my little joke about us & chiefly our defences. It's uncanny how often this would happen (and still does).
It’s like when we boo a player, they have a stormer, but when our lads get boo’d, they collapse. It’s inevitable!

Ending other teams non winning streaks. QPR hadn't won away in something like a year and the stat was being bandied about before the game with us. Everyone just knew that we would end that streak for them.

Consistently providing free and unlimited access to the matchday experience for seagulls, providing them with a safe space to enjoy the beautiful game without threat of being chopped in half

Back