My lovely loony-tune ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's what they tell you but it's not true . They need proof of earnings, they can't really just pull figures out of the air . They will, to frighten you but a decent accountant will get them off your back . I know, I've been investigated .
A friend of mine was investigated by them and they basically bullied £3k out of her. She was a childminder only making about £15k a year but they looked over her books and then looked over her bank statements for the last couple of years. Any period that didn't show a shop in a supermarket for a few days they claimed she must have been spending cash etc. She wasn't covering anything up but couldn't account for a few things she'd bought (I think) so in the end she just paid up to get them off her back.

As far as I'm aware the £3k figure was just pulled out of the air as in "this is about the amount we think you haven't paid"

Greetings folks, I'm still here. Not been arrested, she's not called Sarah, and they knew about her earning because every single puppy was sold with Pet Plan insurance. My brother said pretty much exactly the same, don't reply, she'll be trying to get you to implicate yourself. Although I was considering sending back some kind of laughing meme. ;)
Did she run the business from your gaff?

A friend of mine was investigated by them and they basically bullied £3k out of her. She was a childminder only making about £15k a year but they looked over her books and then looked over her bank statements for the last couple of years. Any period that didn't show a shop in a supermarket for a few days they claimed she must have been spending cash etc. She wasn't covering anything up but couldn't account for a few things she'd bought (I think) so in the end she just paid up to get them off her back.

As far as I'm aware the £3k figure was just pulled out of the air as in "this is about the amount we think you haven't paid"
Yeah, sound right . They will try to bully and frighten you into coughing up . If that lass had used a legal accountant, as I did, they would have got nothing . The twat who pursued her sounds like a great blerk. Maybe he should go after Google now .

That's exactly the sort of scenario I was talking about. And if they can pin it on a 2nd person, they have twice as much chance of getting paid.

Yeah, sound right . They will try to bully and frighten you into coughing up . If that lass had used a legal accountant, as I did, they would have got nothing . The twat who pursued her sounds like a great blerk. Maybe he should go after Google now .
That's the thing though, they go for the low hanging fruit. Far easier to bully Joanne Public for a few grand here and there than face up to the big boys

Contrary to popular belief, many woman are actually bitches.

My ex-wife took out a joint loan for £8k a month or two before I agreed to leave by forging my signature.

I didn't know until I saw the default on my credit report. The loan company (Sainsburys) sent me a copy of the loan agreement and my signature was precisely the same as that on my passport. The cow had very carefully copied it and sent it in.

Only got a couple of couple of years to go now before the default it supposed to disappear from my credit file but I still may have issues later on. Luckily, for the moment, I don't need to get into any debt!

Contrary to popular belief, many woman are actually bitches.

My ex-wife took out a joint loan for £8k a month or two before I agreed to leave by forging my signature.

I didn't know until I saw the default on my credit report. The loan company (Sainsburys) sent me a copy of the loan agreement and my signature was precisely the same as that on my passport. The cow had very carefully copied it and sent it in.

Only got a couple of couple of years to go now before the default it supposed to disappear from my credit file but I still may have issues later on. Luckily, for the moment, I don't need to get into any debt!
I would be going to the police with that one, 8k is a canny amount of fraud.

Greetings folks, I'm still here. Not been arrested, she's not called Sarah, and they knew about her earning because every single puppy was sold with Pet Plan insurance. My brother said pretty much exactly the same, don't reply, she'll be trying to get you to implicate yourself. Although I was considering sending back some kind of laughing meme. ;)
Send her this with a pic of your arse below it
Logon or register to see this image

Fair enough mate, I just think that is a scandalous amount to let slide.

you're right, but the plod AND my solicitor said that she'd done SUCH a good job with the signature, I didn't have a leg to stand on.

there are a number of instances that have since happened (to her) that do make up for it. I won't be paying any of it back, I'll wait until it gets written off, 6 years I believe.

money isn't everything.

then the next the obvious question... was your accountant actually avoiding tax on your behalf, jimmy carr style?
Of course not . He's a highly qualified professional with a pristine reputation to maintain .

I wonder we it was who grassed the dog rancher up . Possibly an unhappy customer .

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware she just done the books herself because there wasn't much money involved.

What do you think would have happened if she refused to pay?

As far as I'm aware she just done the books herself because there wasn't much money involved.

What do you think would have happened if she refused to pay?
Refusing to pay anything never gets them off your back . The usual scenario is ; They make a ridiculous demand, the punter says he owes nowt,you have a meeting or two and with the help of an accountant you negotiate an amount of next fuck all . The tosser who is chasing you can still claim a result .

Refusing to pay anything never gets them off your back . The usual scenario is ; They make a ridiculous demand, the punter says he owes nowt,you have a meeting or two and with the help of an accountant you negotiate an amount of next fuck all . The tosser who is chasing you can still claim a result .
That sounds pretty much what happened, but £3k was hardly nowt in the context of what the lass was making.

That sounds pretty much what happened, but £3k was hardly nowt in the context of what the lass was making.
She must have had bad advice or was so scared ( it is scary) she was desperate to get them off her back . They are happy to ruin someone's life for a few grand while watching the big fish laughing their tits off at them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back