My ears are ringing

Motörhead concerts took about three days

AC/DC concert the same.
Those cannons man.
The early to mid 80s gigs at the City Hall were all ridiculously loud.

I was only 14 seeing Van Halen and I remember hiding behind a pillar to take the pain away.

Never saw Motörhead at that venue thank f*ck

Ridiculous wasn’t it.
First ever concert, Oxford small venue. Gillan and a support band. The noise made me feel sick as wasn’t used to it.
I guess after that you did.

Last edited:

.. Still after the last couple of days at work using noisy machinery.

Chainsaws, big wood chippers/grinders.

Ears ringing/buzzing ever since i finished yesterda afternoon and still are now, i wore ear protection also.

Anyone else had this,?? How long does it take to shift??
Tinnitus. Why would you operate such machinery and not protect your hearing. I hope it subsides but accept...it could be forever.

Tinnitus. Why would you operate such machinery and not protect your hearing. I hope it subsides but accept...it could be forever.
The ear protection wasnt the best tbf and 9 hours right near, non stop of ridiculous loud noise. Still not right, hope it subsides soon

Run into a wall head first and really fast, with the right force and connection it will restart your lugs.

Either that or format the fucker

Ears ringing/buzzing ever since i finished yesterda afternoon and still are now, i wore ear protection also.

You should fix monitors instead.

I saw Led Zeppelin at the Mecca 50 years ago and have had tinnitus ever since. Not great as you can imagine. You should be fine after a while but if you are unlucky as I was you just have to adapt to it.

How did all these bands play that loud night after night and not be completely deaf after just a year or 2? Remember seeing Slayer in 91 at Newcastle city hall and nearly getting run over by a bus when I came out cos everything was muted.

If it is Tinnitus it never stops and usually gets worse.

20+ years of playing in bands, going to gigs and working in a record shop for most of this have fudged my ears like, I always have tinnitus - I'm 37 and it's only going to get worse. Although I've been wearing ear plugs to band practices and stuff for over 10 years, I'm going to have to be more careful in the future. I like it how iPhones have the volume limiter on them for earphone use and make sure it's limited to the lower settings which helps too.

20+ years of playing in bands, going to gigs and working in a record shop for most of this have fudged my ears like, I always have tinnitus - I'm 37 and it's only going to get worse. Although I've been wearing ear plugs to band practices and stuff for over 10 years, I'm going to have to be more careful in the future. I like it how iPhones have the volume limiter on them for earphone use and make sure it's limited to the lower settings which helps too.
Nightmare mate. Il be ok after a few days of loud exposure though wont i? Go back to normal?

Back