M'vila on Saturday

He's only started 1 game for West Brom. Since they signed him he's played about 160 mins of football and done absolutely nothing. Would have been an absolute waste of a wage.
on a short term deal? with Jobe and Ekwah in and out of form, and Dan Neil playing every game?

going on like we spent the money elsewhere

'One' like him, I think it was more than the one signing tbh. We had bore fest moyse in charge...his vision was the one that de-railed it imo.
I was talking about this season, Had we had an experienced CM we would have been looking a lot better and nobody can deny that. Him in the squad from November until the end of the season was pretty much a free hit.

Instead we field the youngest starting 11 in the top 5 leagues in europe plus the champo, and moan when they look lost
Yeah but it's taken him months to get anywhere near match fit and even then he's looked pretty shit.
he played in March, He was available, no begging to come here in November.

So with his timing adjusted, hes coming off the bench end of January/February time, right when we went to shit but not late enough to duff the season

Last edited:
I was talking about this season, Had we had an experienced CM we would have been looking a lot better and nobody can deny that. Him in the squad from November until the end of the season was pretty much a free hit.

Instead we field the youngest starting 11 in the top 5 leagues in europe plus the champo, and moan when they look lost

he played in March, He was available, no begging to come here in November.

So with his timing adjusted, hes coming off the bench end of January/February time, right when we went to shit but not late enough to duff the season
I know what you're saying mate and not meaning to be a knob :lol: I just don't think he was what we needed, given how unfit he was. He's been poor for WBA and I don't even think he touched the ball today when he came on.

Apologies, realised that after I replied. We needed experience in the middle that was obvious last transfer window, but the owners and board thought differently. Fingers crossed they have learnt from this season and they bring experience into the team close window. One thing is for sure though they won't sign a 30 odd year old player to plug the experience gap. (Like m'vila) They will be 26-29 yrs old max. They will class that as experienced and hope they will have some sell on value after a few years when moved on.

Apologies, realised that after I replied. We needed experience in the middle that was obvious last transfer window, but the owners and board thought differently. Fingers crossed they have learnt from this season and they bring experience into the team close window. One thing is for sure though they won't sign a 30 odd year old player to plug the experience gap. (Like m'vila) They will be 26-29 yrs old max. They will class that as experienced and hope they will have some sell on value after a few years when moved on.
I honestly think they will turn round next season and tell us all Dan Neil and Trai Hume are our experienced lads..

I know what you're saying mate and not meaning to be a knob :lol: I just don't think he was what we needed, given how unfit he was. He's been poor for WBA and I don't even think he touched the ball today when he came on.
I just dont see what it costs us for half a season or just over. He leaves in July and if hes been decent, stays another year. If he has been shit, like you think he may be, we let him go.

Hes been as effectual for us this season as Corey Evans at the end of the day, another wasted wage at the moment.

We NEEDED so much more, you are right, but when you get nowt, a little is at least something

I honestly think they will turn round next season and tell us all Dan Neil and Trai Hume are our experienced lads..

I just dont see what it costs us for half a season or just over. He leaves in July and if hes been decent, stays another year. If he has been shit, like you think he may be, we let him go.

Hes been as effectual for us this season as Corey Evans at the end of the day, another wasted wage at the moment.

We NEEDED so much more, you are right, but when you get nowt, a little is at least something
Fair enough mate, I guess he couldn't have been a hindrance to use, all things considered.

may have given Ekwah and Jobe the rotation they need.

Jobe looked injured today. hes had a long season. Ekwah has improved recently mind
I like Ekwah, when he's on it and focused he has the ability to look a class above. Jobe has potential, but has played more than he should have this year, definitely agree on that.

Nah, I honestly think they have had their eyes opened this season. I think we will be back in the play offs never season with some good signings. (Fingers crossed)

Back