Muslim Prayer Call

I can't speak for the call of prayer but the christians can be just as annoying.

When I used to stay in reading about 7ish to 9pm once a week church bell ringers would practice and then in the lead up to a competition it would be every night. Triple glazing wouldn't keep that shit out.
Hey ring a bell quite regularly at midnight near us. It’s creepy as fuck and all the neighbourhood dogs go light.

Look at me.
I moved to a foreign country and I'm refusing to accept that the locals don't change their ways because I find it annoying.

Pathetic
I could take a thirty second prompt, but five minutes? Excessive. You'd likely agree if you lived with me. Funnily my landlord didn't mention the mosque before I moved in. :lol:
I can't speak for the call of prayer but the christians can be just as annoying.

When I used to stay in reading about 7ish to 9pm once a week church bell ringers would practice and then in the lead up to a competition it would be every night. Triple glazing wouldn't keep that shit out.
The windows here offer absolutely no protection either. :lol: Building standards are somewhat behind the UK. ;)

I enjoyed hearing it when over in Istanbul.
I set my alarm for 6:30 but I'm usually awake at 5 when the first call goes out. :lol: I could maybe deal with it over short periods, but over a prolonged period it quickly grates. Looking forward to coming home for Christmas for a lie in! ;)

Did he suddenly start speaking really loudly to drown it out? :lol:
Selective viewing times, mate. :lol:

I could take a thirty second prompt, but five minutes? Excessive. You'd likely agree if you lived with me. Funnily my landlord didn't mention the mosque before I moved in. :lol:

The windows here offer absolutely no protection either. :lol: Building standards are somewhat behind the UK. ;)
I did think one night I should declare myself a Jedi and blast the entire star wars theme tune back at them but........ effort innit.

Anyone else been unfortunate enough to live in an area where this intrusive nuisance affects you adversely? Wakes me up every morning and drowns out everything else twice each evening. No idea why it has to go on for so long. So, so irritating.

Lived in a country for 3.5 years with a call to prayer just outside. Took 6 months but then didn't even notice it. Same as living under the flight path in Windsor - 6 months and didn't even notice the plans overhead.

Lived in a country for 3.5 years with a call to prayer just outside. Took 6 months but then didn't even notice it. Same as living under the flight path in Windsor - 6 months and didn't even notice the plans overhead.
Two months of torture to go then!

I think the call to prayer sounds fantastic. Was in Penang a long time ago and could hear it. Luckily I could turn over and go back to kip when they had finished.

:cool:

Holidayed twice in Turkey and although it sounded fantastically alien to me I could have done without the Marshall amplification that went along with it. 5am and I jumped a mile when they put the jack plug into its socket. Louder than Motorhead at the city hall.

Last edited:
Anyone else been unfortunate enough to live in an area where this intrusive nuisance affects you adversely? Wakes me up every morning and drowns out everything else twice each evening. No idea why it has to go on for so long. So, so irritating.
Bit off topic but I was watching a documentary on British soldiers fighting in Afghanistan and they were in the middle of a fire fight and all of a sudden their was a cease fire for muslim prayer time..:lol: health n safety helmand style

I think the call to prayer sounds fantastic. Was in Penang a long time ago and could hear it. Luckily I could turn over and go back to kip when they had finished.

Why do they need a call ?

Surely they have alarm clocks.

Even churches don't ring their bells anymore at the start of a service.

It's called progress ... oops!! there it is. Muslims moving past the 12th century. Not gonna happen (apart from the speakers) :lol:

Why do they need a call ?

Surely they have alarm clocks.

Even churches don't ring their bells anymore at the start of a service.

It's called progress ... oops!! there it is. Muslims moving past the 12th century. Not gonna happen (apart from the speakers) :lol:

Church bells, who needs them? No one.

FFS :lol:

Sounds like that daft owld bird in Benidorm complaining about the Spanish being there.

Oh they were mint! I used to love talking to them to find out what they'd found to whinge about. Didn't like any of the food, it was too hot, didn't like it because you had to put a top on to go to the bar and so on.

They just about had an orgasm telling me they had found a cafe that did proper bacon and had Tetley tea bags :lol:

Oh they were mint! I used to love talking to them to find out what they'd found to whinge about. Didn't like any of the food, it was too hot, didn't like it because you had to put a top on to go to the bar and so on.

They just about had an orgasm telling me they had found a cafe that did proper bacon and had Tetley tea bags :lol:
Makes you wonder why people like that bother getting passports.

Back