Moyes: Pickford wont be leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a manager of safc and I had to buy 10+ players i'd much rather have 40 million to spend and a decent goalie as opposed to 10 million and an excellent goalie, outfield players are more important than goalkeepers imo.
Not if he keeps as many clean sheets as he did for Preston, we would certainly be pushing for promotion.

There is another 9k of ST that have done the same.

Get rid of the root problem (Moyes) and it changes. Shouldn't be venting at fans not accepting failure. More so to the root cause of said failure.
I agree Moyes needs to go, but the root of our problems is Short and his management of the whole club for the time he's owned us. Sadly, he's infinitely harder to get rid of.

Disagree. He has invested. Not as much as some but more than others. Moyes failing to manage this situation has led to our relegation for this season. Others have spent less and comfortablely out performed safc in all stats and results.

Well you're blinkered beyond belief then - yes Moyes has been abysmal but to think this is all his fault is baffling. We've been in the shit for years and it was always a matter of time before we finally dropped. Do you honestly believe getting rid of Moyes will fix everything?

Keeping Pickford is important because;
a.he's obviously an excellent keeper
b.he is one player all the fans love and rally behind . Take him away and is there anyone else the supporters have any genuine respect and affection for?
I like OShea but he is getting past it.
I like Defoe but he is leaving.

Keep Pickford or run risk of atmosphere totally souring. (if it hasn't already.....)

Well you're blinkered beyond belief then - yes Moyes has been abysmal but to think this is all his fault is baffling. We've been in the shit for years and it was always a matter of time before we finally dropped. Do you honestly believe getting rid of Moyes will fix everything?
I think he had a bad hand and he played it badly. But I also think injuries stuffed us-coupled with the fact no real cash was made available to mitigate the effects of the injuries. Replacements for Watmore Kirchoff and Anichibe in January could have a made a world of difference.
The fact he wasn't given any cash was not his fault.

Last edited:

Of course not. However, it would be a huge step in moving forward.

Of course not. However, it would be a huge step in moving forward.

David Moyes has been royally shit, BUT Ellis Short has been the main contributor to our demise....

I'm not too bothered if DM stays or goes, I've backed him but he hasn't inspired at all.... BUT... to be fair to him, he also hasn't been backed comparably to our previous managers.

The investments he has made in playing staff are chicken feed in the scheme of things (considering the new TV deal and the price hike in players transfers).

SO, is there any chance we can just leave the whole David Moyes thing for the summer (it's becoming pretty wearing reading the same old depressing posts by the same few)... or is this board going to continually be dominated by the deluded "MOYES OUTERS"? who can't get into their skulls that he's staying, like it or lump it...!

MOYES IN... or out!!!

David Moyes has been royally shit, BUT Ellis Short has been the main contributor to our demise....

I'm not too bothered if DM stays or goes, I've backed him but he hasn't inspired at all.... BUT... to be fair to him, he also hasn't been backed comparably to our previous managers.

The investments he has made in playing staff are chicken feed in the scheme of things (considering the new TV deal and the price hike in players transfers).

SO, is there any chance we can just leave the whole David Moyes thing for the summer (it's becoming pretty wearing reading the same old depressing posts by the same few)... or is this board going to continually be dominated by the deluded "MOYES OUTERS"? who can't get into their skulls that he's staying, like it or lump it...!

MOYES IN... or out!!!

Moyes out mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back