Moyes: Pickford wont be leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like when Celtic sold Kenny Dalglish rather than gave him a small pay raise...

He could announce he had signed Messi and Ronaldo to ensure promotion and it would still go down like a lead balloon!
In fairness, Celtic still went on to win the league 3 times in the following 5 seasons. If they'd gave him a payrise maybes they'd have won 5 out of 5, who knows? I can't see us having the same problem somehow.

I dunno - if you build from the back the goalie is the key foundation stone. Pickford staying would be a huge bonus, both on the field and psychologically
Couldn't agree more, we're looking at a complete rebuild and the strength of any team is it's spine. Pickford staying would be a massive starting point in the rebuild.

You can say a lot about moyes, one thing though, he won't let the lad go on the cheap likes been happening

I'll say this for Moyes; he isn't easy to be pushed around for players linked away and looks to get big money (Kone before and now Pickford).
Don't give him credit on here for something; that's insane!!!

Well played Moyes. Some clowns on here would have sold him for £12m or something :lol:

Yet people are slagging him off for saying that he won't be going. He is doing the sort of thing the club has been clueless at for years. Talking him up and talking of him not being one we would sell i.e. pay top dollar or fuck off.

As much as i like him, getting big money from his transfer is probably our only chance of getting promoted again..... we could buy about 6 decent players with the money in the right hands of course (not moyes)

tin hat on
TBH, I'm not that enamoured with the prospect of getting promoted simply buy buying a bunch of players the way the mags have this year, as we wouldn't be able to flog them and buy PL quality next year, which would leave us in the same position that we've found ourselves in this year. Unless you're talking about buying some quality young lads who will improve us and develop as a team ready to complete in the PL if we can be promoted in the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back