Moyes OUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

He could have spent better but I reckon them deals were already in place ,
Moyes is the least of our problems at the minute imo

Not sure what you expect with a bare thin squad. Today we had 5 defenders 1 midfielder and 4 attackers on the pitch simply down to the fact that we don't have the depth to actually line up like we would want to.

After the Kone and Anichebe go injured that was the end of any kind of shape that we had.

Ndong can not play in cdm with so little support. He was extremely exposed from the moment he came on. I would honestly rather had seen Rodwell than Pienaar on that pitch. Every touch from Pienaar was awful and a mistake from him led to a goal. He also tends to drift to the wings again leaving gaps in the midfield. At least Rodwell sticks to his position 

Ignore me I'm fucked.

He still misspent what he had though
He did, should have spent it better. It's obvious now we should have paid the money for m'vila. Also he could have found someone better than n'dong for that money, though I understand a lot of that transfer was in installments which many clubs wouldn't have accommodated. It's not easy when you have wage restrictions and a low budget to bring in quality but he should have done better. Some of the lads Moyes signed in the summer will hopefully get better in the future, they weren't just for the short term. We need to get away from always thinking short term - that's why we're in this mess. Sam did brilliantly and worked wonders in January but he has had bad windows before.

I don't think the summer window warrants a good manager like Moyes to lose his job. Aside from yesterday he's in the main got the best out of the limited squad he has and I still think he's the right man. Relegation wouldn't change my mind.

Sack the board!

Margaret Byrne was not even the tip of the iceberg for me. The problems went way above and beyond her. I don't know about Martin Bain and Simon Wilson but they aren't even scratching the surface of the scab. Not getting anything close to curing the problems. We need to see a lot more in the way of changes in order to get together a board that cares about the club and knows what needs to be done and how it needs to be done.

Bye bye Mr.Moyes.

Is there an argument for saying that he may do OK in the Championship? OK he is past it as a PL manager but what about giving him time in the Championship to see if he can do any better there? I am not advocating keeping him. I just want to know if Moyes would be any better in the Championship.

Last edited:
Haven't been impressed with Moyes at all but no manager has a chance of succeeding here whilst Short is still running the show, even before the speculation regarding the England job came about Allardyce was starting to sound completely fed up with him.

My pet hate is "Burnley, fuckin Burnley".
Makes us sound like the mags.
They have got themselves organised and do really well at home against the teams in the lower half of the league.
Will be interesting how they do second half of the season when they are weak away and have only a few bottom half team teams to play.
But don't patronize them!!!

Haven't been impressed with Moyes at all but no manager has a chance of succeeding here whilst Short is still running the show, even before the speculation regarding the England job came about Allardyce was starting to sound completely fed up with him.
The recruitment wasn't impressive like you say but he got in late and was working on a very difficult budget for what was needed. What has been impressive is what he's got out of the worst set of players in the league.

My pet hate is "Burnley, fuckin Burnley".
Makes us sound like the mags.
They have got themselves organised and do really well at home against the teams in the lower half of the league.
Will be interesting how they do second half of the season when they are weak away and have only a few bottom half team teams to play.
But don't patronize them!!!
They are what they are. They're organised and have lads in the middle of the park who'll run all day - distance covered stats confirm that. Up front they've got pace and a physical presence. Yesterday they were aggressive and efficient and put us away with ease.

Last edited:
And who the fuck in ? People forget we've been mainly shite for 6 seasons apart from the last 10 games of them
Think we could attract Bob Bradley and has to be worth a try? We're probably interviewing candidates this week.

Regarding Moyes specifically, he's never set the world alight and barring the resurgent Anichiebe's purple patch which his career tells would only last so long, he has been terrible. Yesterday was one of / the worst performances I've seen since we got promoted under Keane.

Absolutely awful

Think we could attract Bob Bradley and has to be worth a try? We're probably interviewing candidates this week.

Regarding Moyes specifically, he's never set the world alight and barring the resurgent Anichiebe's purple patch which his career tells would only last so long, he has been terrible. Yesterday was one of / the worst performances I've seen since we got promoted under Keane.

Absolutely awful
What do you expect with the players he has? Which teams would you say has a worse squad than us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back