David Moyes - Purchased players

Ndong- absolute flop n lost circa 13m
Papy - pap n lost about 8.
Love - shite n couldnt give him away.
Mcnair - reasonable broke even
Pienaar - sicknote/poor.
Mika - unused
Anichebe - sicknote.
Lescott - few quid for another pal, 2 appearances.
Gibson - sicknote/alcoholic.
Oviedo - cant get shot, another pal way overpaid.

What a sickening tenure that useless, boring, ugly twat served for us. Set us back a decade imho.

The most disappointing managerial tenure since Lawrie Mac :cry::evil:

He was bought for the Premier league. He was average in the Championship, got injured then started scoring for fun for a few games. That is his Sunderland career in a nutshell.
He really wasn’t average in the championship

No we weren't, the only game we won in which he scored was the 3-0 against a Wolves side who were still pissed from celebrating winning the league. We made no improvement in terms of points tally with him in the side.
We were much better at Leeds, Reading and Derby when he was back in the side . We even played well in the Burton game and threw it away in the last ten minutes . He wasn’t value for money or effective over long periods but we were far better with him than without

Last edited:
He really wasn’t average in the championship

We were much better at Leeds, Reading and Derby when he was back in the side . We even played well in the Burton game and threw it away in the last ten minutes . He wasn’t value for money or effective over long periods but we were far better with him than without

If he hadn't scored a couple of eye-catching goals I don't think anyone would have noticed him tbh.

Played 11 games in his first season with us and was dreadful in them all, you barely even noticed he was on the pitch. Most of his games at United were at FB IIRC, Pulis probably reverted him back there as he's completely ineffectual in a 4 man midfield.

Guessing he started 4-5. 1 of those he had too go CB against Boro because O'Shea got injured & the other he did his cruciates. Hardly enough time to judge him.

When he was fit, all be it in a lower division, he was good.

Pienaar - sicknote/poor.
Mika - unused
Anichebe - sicknote.

What a sickening tenure that useless, boring, ugly twat served for us. Set us back a decade imho.

:lol::lol::lol:
I take it not your favourite all time Sunderland Manager.

While Anichebe was a sick note, we got him on a free and we looked a better team when he was playing, and he still seems to have a soft spot for the club on his social media.

Other than big Vic I agree it was one of the worst transfer windows I've ever seen, I wouldn't trust the guy with a 5er never mind a multi million transfer budget. I'm still amazed he managed to find top flight work after what he achieved here
I saw Big Vic at Bournemouth away that season and he was unplayable, pity he didn’t do it more often.

I was delighted at his appointment at the time.

Arrogant, miserable fucker sucked the life out of the club and the fan base. Up there with McMenemy for me, I absolutely detest the bloke.

He got the short straw when it came to the money and wage budget at his disposal which is why he went for free transfers of people he had worked with before and squad fillers like love and McNair. He had a choice of getting cover in the squad or getting two or three first team players. It was an impossible ask

He was miserable as sin though and if he bothered to attack teams we might’ve finished the season differently

Pienaar - sicknote/poor.
Mika - unused
Anichebe - sicknote.

if only we'd had a strong knowledgeable CEO that could have said no to most of those signings we wouldn't be in as much shit as we are

Pienaar - sicknote/poor.
Mika - unused
Anichebe - sicknote.

What a disgusting ginger bastard he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back