BBC Mowbray 'understands' Sunderland sacking

Can we just not hear the truth from someone please?

Mowbray and Beale both took the head coach job knowing what the score was with the so called ‘model’ yet both have made clear, if veiled, criticisms of it.

A strong head coach wouldn’t put up with a situation he didn’t agree with and maybe we aren’t getting strong individuals wanting the job because of this? Maybe the people responsible for the decision making are scared/wary of people who will question them and want more of a say in policy and recruitment?

We can’t keep appointing yes men.
Exactly this. Both Mowbray and Beale knew the score when they joined, so have no right to criticise at all. If you don't like it, don't sign up in the first place. At least Neil had the right to complain, as this changed when we were promoted, starkly.

In reality, what it is, is a deflection tactic. They don't have a problem with the model, they are just using it as an excuse when they are failing. Funny how the model never got mentioned when Mowbray was doing well - it was only when he struggled that it became an issue. But it's easier to blame something else than accept you aren't up to the task given to you.

Is that the type of person he is though? I reckon he’s still a bit miffed but is just holding it back in public.

I think Mowbray comes across as a decent, honest and genuine bloke and has been dignified throughout the whole thing.

Not so sure the same can be said about Speakman and KLD.

I think Mowbray comes across as a decent, honest and genuine bloke and has been dignified throughout the whole thing.

Not so sure the same can be said about Speakman and KLD.
What part of Speakman has not been honest exactly? You can criticise him for lots of things but I can't say dishonesty is fair on him at all.

Can we just not hear the truth from someone please?

Mowbray and Beale both took the head coach job knowing what the score was with the so called ‘model’ yet both have made clear, if veiled, criticisms of it.

A strong head coach wouldn’t put up with a situation he didn’t agree with and maybe we aren’t getting strong individuals wanting the job because of this? Maybe the people responsible for the decision making are scared/wary of people who will question them and want more of a say in policy and recruitment?

We can’t keep appointing yes men.
The whole Mowbray truth will never come out. The yes man that can be controlled & does what he's told within the "model" will be the stream of persons that fill the role here, any experienced successful manager/hc would not accept his hands being tied with the restrictions. Which leaves us where we are, the next one after Beale will be pretty much the same. It'll be chancer after chancer.

What I’ve seen, heard and read suggests those to me.
Of course, it’s an opinion only, but I don’t think I’m alone in it.
And what is it you have seen, heard and read to suggest that? The blokes done about 1 interview a year - definitely sufficient to place blame and judgement upon

And what is it you have seen, heard and read to suggest that? The blokes done about 1 interview a year - definitely sufficient to place blame and judgement upon
I’ve already said it’s my opinion, I don’t have to justify it to you , same as you don’t need to justify yours.

Now trot off to one of the several other threads where you constantly contradict people and try to assert yourself (unsuccessfully) 👍

I’ve already said it’s my opinion, I don’t have to justify it to you , same as you don’t need to justify yours.

Now trot off to one of the several other threads where you constantly contradict people and try to assert yourself (unsuccessfully) 👍
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it's a discussion forum you muppet. Get on ignore

He was on his way out, the timing was a bit odd.

Even odder when we didn't have a replacement.

The Leeds match was class mind.
Indeed, will always be grateful to Doddsy for the Leeds match.
Wish Alex Neil was our gaffer today, he'd have Mogga on toast as usual

Last edited:
The sacking you could see sense in we were going backwards and if the real intent was to make the play offs then the timing was right.

But the owners behaviour after that wasn’t consistent with making the play offs. The window was desperate, and we clearly didn’t have a manager lined up and we’re prepared to spend money on higher profile managers.

Given the owners aren’t into it, we should just stuck with TM until the summer. We know we’re selling players then so a new manager to oversee a clear out and to get in players they want would make sense at that stage.

Back