Motorsport Manager

Toddius

Midfield
Anyone else picked this up on Steam?

Open wheel racing management game released from Sega. Three different levels of racing. Impressed so far, challenging enough to not be too easy, not as in-depth as Football Manager obviously, but engaging enough so far.

I'm enjoying it, can recommend for any fans of Formula 1 and/or management sims.

I've had the mobile version for some time and that's good fun for a train journey. I haven't quite got the knack of this version yet because there is quite a few bits to get your head around but it's good fun. The old manager games are ridiculously complex (F1 Manager) and this looks like it's accessible which is great.
I went with the smallest team in the lowest tier, no pressure.. but not sure if you take your team to the next level or pick a new team?

For £1.99 (android) i've just downloaded this on the back of the comments above :cool:

love an F1 manager me. Remember Grand Prix World? Played that for years.

Last edited:
I've had the mobile version for some time and that's good fun for a train journey. I haven't quite got the knack of this version yet because there is quite a few bits to get your head around but it's good fun. The old manager games are ridiculously complex (F1 Manager) and this looks like it's accessible which is great.
I went with the smallest team in the lowest tier, no pressure.. but not sure if you take your team to the next level or pick a new team?

Not sure, I kicked off with a half decent team in the bottom tier and got sacked for not coming second or above enough. Got offered a job at a middling team in the next tier up and got sacked again...for not finishing second or above enough.

Kicked it off again with the lowest team in the third tier so there is no pressure until I get my head around it all. Putting a winning strategy together is actually pretty tough, hoping I get the time to figure it all out with no pressure.

I think if you finish top in the championship of tier 2 and 3 you get 'promoted' to the next tier.

For £1.99 (android) i've just downloaded this on the back of the comments above :cool:

love an F1 manager me. Remember Grand Prix World? Played that for years.

The PC version on Steam is a more beefed up version of the mobile game. As I've mentioned, it's pretty tough to get a win too. Unless I'm just shit at it like :)

Not sure, I kicked off with a half decent team in the bottom tier and got sacked for not coming second or above enough. Got offered a job at a middling team in the next tier up and got sacked again...for not finishing second or above enough.

Kicked it off again with the lowest team in the third tier so there is no pressure until I get my head around it all. Putting a winning strategy together is actually pretty tough, hoping I get the time to figure it all out with no pressure.

I think if you finish top in the championship of tier 2 and 3 you get 'promoted' to the next tier.

The PC version on Steam is a more beefed up version of the mobile game. As I've mentioned, it's pretty tough to get a win too. Unless I'm just shit at it like :)

Yeah, I finished the first race 19th and 20th :lol: Even when I managed to have "Excellent" on the handling, speed and downforce. Not that I'm bothered for now, I'm expecting to be dead last until I can upgrade the parts and work out the strategies needed. I'm not keen on refuelling being a thing, although it looks like the upper tiers don't have it in the rules.

Yeah, I finished the first race 19th and 20th :lol: Even when I managed to have "Excellent" on the handling, speed and downforce. Not that I'm bothered for now, I'm expecting to be dead last until I can upgrade the parts and work out the strategies needed. I'm not keen on refuelling being a thing, although it looks like the upper tiers don't have it in the rules.

The setup on the mobile very game is too easy imo - there's only 3 options for aero and 3 for engine/gearing; plus you get a hint each race on where it should be.

Might go for the PC version.

You lads know any browser based games like this?

I used to play BATRacer, but it's very complex & the community is a bit odd. They insist you find out all of the details on strategy yourself, which can take a few seasons on it's own (i'm talking spreadsheets and calculations here). I gave up after figuring out most of the stuff i needed as it just became a game of numbers.

Last edited:

Finished third once in one race the first season, was mostly luck though, I just happened to pit at the right times. The rest were pretty much all 19th and 20th, with the odd 'glorious' finish at 13th...

This is on my Steam wishlist. Waiting for it to drop in price and I'll give it a blast. The mobile version is decent as has been said already.

Probably, might wait for it to drop in price in the next Steam sale. When I fired up Steam the other day, it downloaded a 2.5GB patch! Not sure if some of that was the background stuff for the GT DLC.

I'm still enjoying the game as is, I admit my time on it has dropped recently though.

This is on my Steam wishlist. Waiting for it to drop in price and I'll give it a blast. The mobile version is decent as has been said already.

It's worth a go, I'm still enjoying it.

Just getting into this - seems really good so far.

Haven't got the hang of setting the car up yet, but you only get about 3 stints to sort it out.

Just getting into this - seems really good so far.

Haven't got the hang of setting the car up yet, but you only get about 3 stints to sort it out.

If you want a bit of help with the setups someone posted the best ones on the steam community group somewhere :lol:

Back